BBC World Service

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
Is there any news about BBC World Service launching today? Even though it is just SD, I am still looking forward to this channel. Just wondered if it had launched or was still supposed to? I'm not near my Hopper now to check.

I've given more thought to the HD question. Particularly with how bad things have deteriorated over the last years in the World this is an important channel. Whatever the reason it isn't a good one if this channel is not in HD. And DISH is doing a disservice by not making EuroNews available besides the International packages. If many here could see it they would see why it is the most watched news service in Europe.

this is what i would do let dish know that you guys want the channel in hd remember dish only counts one request per account.

As always for almost all new uplinks... not until later today when the uplink is done. :)
Thanks, I didn't know if they usually had a specific time that they lit up new services or not. Seems like in years past both Dish and DirecTV would say "channel XYZ launching June 29th at 6:00 AM" or something to that effect.

I've given more thought to the HD question. Particularly with how bad things have deteriorated over the last years in the World this is an important channel. Whatever the reason it isn't a good one if this channel is not in HD. And DISH is doing a disservice by not making EuroNews available besides the International packages. If many here could see it they would see why it is the most watched news service in Europe.
Many moons ago, couldn't you get EuroNews a-la-carte for a few dollars per month. I think this was back when it was on 61.5W. Too bad they don't break it out and at least put it up on WA and EA as a complement to the other international news channels. I mean, they have RT and CCTV, now, hopefully BBC World, you'd think as much as is going on in Europe of late they'd have a Pan European news channel too.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts