BBCAmerica

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bklynviewer

Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Is there any way to convince Cablevision to carry this channel? It seems to be one of the better channels out there.

Is there any way to convince Cablevision to carry this channel? It seems to be one of the better channels out there.

Apparently not.

This has been a glaring omission in CV's offerings for quite a while. If you call them they'll swear this channel doesn't exist or they'll tell you no one ever asks for it.

Dolan must have a personal issue with BBCAmerica because not carrying it when practically every other service does makes him look ineffectual and foolish.

I dont understand why it is soo damn hard for Dolan and Cablevision to actually satisfy us paying customers with the things that we want.

I'm glad Cablevision does not have BBC America.
Considering, Cable Companies have to pay for every channel they offer, why would I want to add a channel that will increase the rates for all customers, when only 1% of customers will actually want to watch it.
If anything they should offer it as an international channel, so only the customers that want it, have to pay for it.

Considering, Cable Companies have to pay for every channel they offer, why would I want to add a channel that will increase the rates for all customers, when only 1% of customers will actually want to watch it.
If anything they should offer it as an international channel, so only the customers that want it, have to pay for it.
Well, CV has BBC World which is in their digital pack (ch.104/in Ct.)
& other international channels in their basic pack that we have to pay for even if we don't want it BUT not BBC America or HD Net/Movies, etc.,etc. that other services have carried for years.. its just not about BBC America but the way CV drags it heels in offering other options/channels to its customers like I have said in my other posts why do we need those "promo" channels or double channels (basic/digital of the same ) to pay for the HD channels maybe & then say CV give HD for free & we all know that the services (cable/satellite/telcos/cell phone co.) don't really give things for free there is a cost hidden somewhere

Well, then, by that reasoning CV should carry nothing but locals and freebies. I could say, for any cable channel that charges for carriage, "why should all subscribers pay higher cable rates if only X% watch it"? Oh, and, BTW, your source for the claim that "only 1% of customers will actually want to watch BBCA" is....?

Last edited:
FiOS isn't that great either, same problems as the cable companies.

Check out this video I found on YouTube Pretty much the same thing I see people complaining about with Cablevision and other carriers.

If you have tiling and freezing from cable and never called for a service call to have your wires re-ran, connections and splitters changed. Your going to have the same problems with Fios. That video clip goes to show you it is an internal problem, not a plant problem.

FiOS isn't that great either, same problems as the cable companies.

Check out this video I found on YouTube Pretty much the same thing I see people complaining about with Cablevision and other carriers.

I'd rather trust the Cable Company with TV, rather than a Telephone Company with TV. Cablevision has been doing it for a while. According to this guy, he had no problems until he switched to Verizon FIOS.

I would agree: maybe down the road FIOS will be better but, frankly, right now CV is closer to meeting my needs than FIOS is. Reading the posts in the Verizon FIOS broadbandreports forum tells me that the grass is not always greener.

Unfortunately, neither FIOS NOR CV have the minimal set of stations that I need so I will stick with satellite for now. Should CV decide to add stations I need I would certainly consider switching back from Dish.