BD Live is a Joke!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think the point is that it seems the HD DVD fans are jumping all over this as a kind of "neener, neener, neener, I told you so, BD sucks"...
Which reminds me of what many BD fans did when HDDVD lost. I think immature is immature, irregardless of whether one prefers BD or HDDVD.

I agree: BD-Live appears to be a joke.

I agree: I see no compelling reason for BD-Live.

I wonder: Why did the BD group even pursue it in the first place?

I agree: Deploying a worthless feature that is broken is worse than not deploying it in the first place. People still expect it to work reasonably well if they paid extra for it - no matter how worthless it may be.

I ask: Is there anything else the 2.0 profile gives you over 1.1, except BD-Live?

What if they had exclusive video clips of Iron Maiden?
:D

Nope. I have enough concerts, bootlegs & have been to enough concerts.

Besides that, they (production companies, directors, etc.) wouldn't make anything that compelling an online only extra. They would want the most people possible to have it and put it on the disc. If they were to start making the main program content online only, then why even bother with the discs? They would just go with a VOD solution.

:D

Nope. I have enough concerts, bootlegs & have been to enough concerts.

Besides that, they (production companies, directors, etc.) wouldn't make anything that compelling an online only extra. They would want the most people possible to have it and put it on the disc. If they were to start making the main program content online only, then why even bother with the discs? They would just go with a VOD solution.

Let's face it, the primary reason for online interactivity with BD Live is promotional tie ins: aka the studio's trailers, ringtones, etc. That's the only reason the studios would care about it, otherwise any compelling content can be fit on the BD disc itself... or even a second disc as need be, which would sell as a "Special Collector's Edition." There's probably more money in that anyway.

I think the only folks who want 2.0 is the studios who want to sell movie stuff to you during the movie and the folks with nothing else to do except treat their movie viewing like it is a shopping channel!!

Maybe there might be a decent use for it in the future but right now -- even the online HD-DVD use was a bust. It is just another way to get into your pockets for some more money. Flesh out 1.1 and give me a movie and player with no problems under 1.1 and I will be very happy!!!

I think the only folks who want 2.0 is the studios who want to sell movie stuff to you during the movie and the folks with nothing else to do except treat their movie viewing like it is a shopping channel!!

Maybe there might be a decent use for it in the future but right now -- even the online HD-DVD use was a bust. It is just another way to get into your pockets for some more money. Flesh out 1.1 and give me a movie and player with no problems under 1.1 and I will be very happy!!!
Don’t ya think it’s a ignorant BD talking point to say online HD DVD was a bust. It did what it was suppose to do from day one, something BD can’t say for most of its features. One of those misery loves company type statements, well not this time.

If you know him the way he is known around here then trust me he was ripping HD DVD!!! His pattern is slip in cheap shot comments and hide ALL BD flaws. Oh and looks into his crystal ball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts