Be careful of what you wish for (or complain about)

BigTimMN

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
So for many months as a WOW junkie, I used to try and convince my wife to start playing as i thought she might like it, and its something we could share on occasion. She said she never would do it, and complained on how it sucked away too much of time.

After taking a 6 month break, i came back to WOW in November. In December i loaded it onto your laptop so i could do some auctions and other things while spending family time watching TV, etc.

My wife decided to give it a try with me beside her helping her out what to do, but said "i would never pay so we could play at the same time , but its kind of fun" after playing an hour or so..

the next day i busted her upstairs on the computer playing on her own... the next day, we bought her disks and set up her own account.

we now play for an hour or 2 every evening after our son goes to bed, and during nap times on the weekends, she logs on during the mornings and afternoons to check out if any of her leather goods have sold or to buy new gear.

I have created a bigger addict than I ever was!

I've got 2 of those scenarios, one is exactly as you portrayed, got my fiance hooked. It's her first MMO.

The other is my mom. She was a total internet newbie several years ago.

Now she buys Hagstroms off Ebay and is on the internet almost as much as I am - and i work on it 8 hours a day, followed by an evening of WoW generally.

[font size=1] I used to have a account, but the graphics were poor due to my cheap laptop, and I would always lag because of my sat internet.

Same thing happened to my wife with the Guitar Hero series. She would tell me that she was leaving work early to study for her stock brokerage licenses, once I came home early and she has been playing GH the whole time. A few mornings she has been nearly late for work from it too.

My wife started playing while I was studying for my Series 7, and she would get me to bail on studying to play.. at least i passed it with flying colors a couple weeks ago, How did your wife do?

What would be funny is if all of us got together on one server and created a "Satelliteguys" guild. :D

My wife started playing while I was studying for my Series 7, and she would get me to bail on studying to play.. at least i passed it with flying colors a couple weeks ago, How did your wife do?

She still has yet to take it, I think she takes it in March or April. She is stressed out about it, but I think she will be OK (she passed 2 out of 3 of the other licenses the first time).

I walked away from wow last year after it came out about the mother of baby grace and the guy she shacked up with had met ingame. What pushed me to quit was the cold and sarcastic nature with how people in the forum joked about the little girls death and compared it to killing shaman in the game so after that I deleted all my characters and cancelled my account and left.

My wife and I sometimes play bowling on ps2 and mortal kombat, she's pretty good on both and can give me a run for my money but I really want her to play online with me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)