Be VERY careful with DISH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kennet6565

Original poster
Jul 11, 2004
I have supported DISH for many years and bought tons of receivers, but got tired of spending money on equipment that does not work. I started with two 501's. then spent alot of money replacing them with 508"s. got a 510, then purchased a 721 that would not record. They finally replaced it after much hassle. Being a glutton for punishment, I spent $1000 for a 921, that NEVER work correctly. Again, after weeks of phone calls, they replaced it, right after DISH reduced the price. Being totally disgusted, I sold everything. Did I mention the money I spent on DP lnb's and 2 DP SW34's. Then I had to argue with them about my last bill, which they attempted to charge me for 2 months that I DID NOT have service.

OK< fast forward to today. I read about the Digital Home Advantage, so I phoned them to get a 625 and a 942. They informed me that because I had spent all that money on their service and equipment, and because I had put up with the abuse, I would have to sign up for TWO YEARS. Now, if I had NEVER been a Dish supporter, I could get the service with any obligation. Charlie MUST be out of his mind. NO WAY would I obligate myself for two years of unknown HD service and whether the equipment would be replaced with MPEG4 equipment.

I guess I am saying, be VERY careful when dealing with crafty DishNetWork.

You are either lieing or a complete and total moron nobody but a moron would not have switched providers!!!!after a hastle like that!!!

What a gentleman to say I am lieing or a total moron. It so happens I needed Dish to use in my RV, and I hope you day goes better.

Kennet
Sorry for the rude welcome...

But Welcome :wave to Satelliteguys. PLease don't let one person ruin your time here. I've been with Dish for 4 years now and really haven't had anything bad to say (but then again, I don't have a 921 or 942 or 522)

They do like to mess with billing and things. I am fighting them over a 301 right now they claim they own. My original agreement back in 2001 said I will own the box after my 12-month commitment. I told Joshua of the Ex. Offices to send me a copy of my agreement and he said, sorry but only the 1st page of my agreement is in the database. It happens to be the one with my signature but it does not explain the terms and consitions. Guess they keep only what they want and he says because they don't have the terms and conditions, that it is their box because he assumes it then follows their general conditions. Anyway, I feel your pain.

Why not try emailng ceo@dishnetwork.com? It would be worth a shot. Explain all your hassles in the past and maybe they can work something out with you.

I wouldnt give up so quickly. I have been with dish for 5 years and I have been treated rather fairly whenever I change equipment / packages etc.

I dont blame you one bit. The thing is some people could sell their hardware that they currently have and then lease the hardware from Dish Network and have money left over with better hardware. Some of that money could be used towards your Dish Network bill. It all just depends on what hardware you have. I used to spend a lot of money on Dish Network hardware a couple three times but anymore I try to sell my old hardware to make up for the new hardware I buy to replace it with or not buy any unless I get a good deal on it. With as cheap as the 522's are on ebay one can sell their old hardware and get enough to buy new hardware (some only has $50-150 each in their DVR's when they got the specials from Dish Network the past few years or got a promotion from Dish Network when they signed up for service). You even save $5 a month per 522 that you have on your account if you have it hooked up to a phoneline.

Pils said:
They do like to mess with billing and things. I am fighting them over a 301 right now they claim they own. My original agreement back in 2001 said I will own the box after my 12-month commitment. I told Joshua of the Ex. Offices to send me a copy of my agreement and he said, sorry but only the 1st page of my agreement is in the database. It happens to be the one with my signature but it does not explain the terms and consitions. Guess they keep only what they want and he says because they don't have the terms and conditions, that it is their box because he assumes it then follows their general conditions. Anyway, I feel your pain.
Ask them what your promotion is labeled under. If it's Free DISH then yes, you own the equipment. If it's Free for All, then yes you own the equipment. But if it's Digital Home Plan, you DO NOT OWN the equipment. I do not know the other promo's at the time but for FFALL and FDISH, you own the equipment. By the way, how many receivers did you get at the time of initial activation?

I got 2-301s initially. And they say I own one and the other is theirs. It seems it would be both leased, or both owned, but not one of each. I am certain it was a 12-month commitment then owned but do not recall the promotion name either.

Well, I emailed Charlie and asked why I cound't get dish without the two year commitment. Just got a phone call from Dish, and 2 years is it. No thanks, will go to DirecTv and enjoy much better customer service

Maybe you leased one and purchased the other. You can get on the lease promotion (DHA) and then buy hardware later on or at the time of activation and keep that hardware yourself.

DishNetwork, What Idiots

So, I am looking to sign up with Dish since I am losing Voom and I want their programming. Got to the point where they ask you for SSN in the process, say what?!?!? Put on hold indefinitely, hung up.

Called back to try again. Made the mistake of telling them I was a former customer, cancelled two years back. "Well, we have a special promotion for returning customers," he says.

The special promotion is that I have to sign up for 2 years or purchase the equipment myself. The initial idiot didn't ask, I was set to get free equipment, 6 mos of free HD, and the 180 pack for the 60 price. So of course, I told them I would go with DirecTV unless they gave me the offer for new customers, they seemed very sorry about it. Hung up.

SO, if you have EVER had Dish before, don't tell them. Give them a different number than they have on record (ie a new cell number), that may work, looks like they are going to have to make a liar out of me. The fact that I was their customer for 5 years didn't seem to matter to them.

What idiots.

Hi kennet6565:

had very similar experience with dish, but since I pay two dollars a month for maintenance, it was not as painful. I have been through two 721s and one 921. My 501s have been ok though

I finally gave up on the 921, downgraded service to basic level, and went with voom.

now that voom is over at the end of the month I will go with comcast because no out of pocket expense for receivers, but I will keep base level service from dish for the time being.

Still waiting to see who will have the best and most HD content by the end of the year

Requesting A Discount

I've heard that if you call of the Dish Network and ask for a monthly discount, they'll give it to you. Helps to be closer to the end of your contract though. Does anyone have any experience on this front?
Regards,
Brendan

well the only thing I can tell you is if ya get under DHA and they switch over to mpeg4.. DHA is leased equip, you will be able to exchange it. you are leasing the 811.. 921 is a purchase.. but 942 will be avail is DHA.. I believe it is gona be a $200 lease upgrade or $699 to purchase it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)