119 even just stopped working.

klikklak

Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
I was watching tv last night and all all the 119 even channels just stopped working,the weather here was good and this happened on all three recievers.I have dish 500 with a 500 quad lnb and one 3700 reciever and two 2800 recievers.

Any idea what the problem might be?

With all 3 receivers taking a dump on you, I'd say it's an issue of the dish not being properly aimed or your LNB showing it's age; more than likely it's a legacy quad that has seen a few too many years

webbydude said:
With all 3 receivers taking a dump on you, I'd say it's an issue of the dish not being properly aimed or your LNB showing it's age; more than likely it's a legacy quad that has seen a few too many years
The lnb is about 3 years old,it's a replacement that was installed after the original died.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.......Sorry to say but as an installer for years, and all three went at same time, it is time to buy a new quad. Make sure you get a legacy though seeing as how you have legacy boxes.

if prob is on all recs & 119 odd transponders are good sig and 110 odd/even is good.. prob only on 119 even.. your quad is bad. if your OOW (out of warrenty) dish will still give ya the option to sign up for the DHPP warrenty which they will ship ya out a new quad, shipping is even waived.. if ya need a tech out to install it, you get a service call for only $29.. plue they will give you a time without service credit on your acct until the tech completes the job.. the warrenty is 5.99 per month.. no contract

or you can take that $29 bucks and buy a used quad on EBay... Dishstore could help you out there too.. just two phillips screws and some connectors.

if you can access your dish, yes then I wouldnt pay $29 for a tech... now 30 to 40 years down the road, I aint climbing on my roof....

Short?

I had something similar to that happen and it turned out to be a short in one of the coax cables (piece of ground wire touching the center pin).

As I recall, a short only affects polarizations one way (odd or even).

I'd unscrew/retighten the connections first. Since all three went out - perhaps it's shorted between a distribution/switch and the receivers?

Or, I may be way off base...but it's worth a try.

your on the right track.. I always have my customers unscrew and screw back in the sat in cable first. but in this case, the customer has a quad and the problem is on all 3 of his recs, which pretty much eliminates cable as the problem because a quad has independant cables to each rec

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts