Dish Anywhere FireStick and iPhone Not Working

hdflsts2002

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 1, 2008
The DishAnywhere app first stopped working on several FireTv 4k's that I had I would at times get a message stating that this device is no longer supported, others I'd get a login error Ooops something went wrong try again later. Checking MyDish for the system requirements for DA on firestick it simply shows OS 7 as the minimum requirement. The FireTV 4Ks were at greater than OS7 The one FireStick lite that I had was below OS but WAS still working. After contacting Dish and getting transfered a couple of times I got someone who asked to connect to my H3. He then cleared something when now required me to reauth all the FireStick/TV. The 4K unites that meet the min sys requirements now consistantly say this device no longer supported provides a QR code to scan for a free replacement of FireStick Lite. That link lead to a message that the free upgrade program had expired. So now not only are the 4Ks that meet the minimum requirements, not work but the Lite which didn't meet min sys but was working no longer works.

Less than a happy camper but basically say F it I'll deal with this later as it's not often we used these. Either while traveling or in the Motorhome for an outdoor TV connection. Now for the past few weeks I've got a new Dish Anywhere issue. Now on my iPhone. The app starts by saying that it's attempting to restore my session. After a minute or so it says I must login. I provide my login and pass and after about another minute it returns a login error Ooops something went wrong please try again later. Try again. Wait a few days try again. Try deleting the app and cache, reinstall and launch get the same darn thing. So finally call Dish. Muttle the way through the language barrier. Finally am told that they will enter a ticket and the engineers will look at this. Please call back in 7-10 days to see if it has been resolved. ????? What I need to call you back to see if you have fixed my problem?? Yes it can be fixed over the error, so you can just call back in 7-10 days to see the status. Wait let me get this right I have a problem you are going to create a ticket and someone may or maynot fix it in 7-10 days but they won't call me to advise me or to see if what they may or may not have done resolved the problem? So it's on me the customer, that has the issue to follow up with you to see if you have fixed my problem. Yes. Ok Carol not saying you don't know what you are doing, but could you possibly transfer me to a higher tier of support or to a support channel that deals with the internet bassed apps. No I am quite capable to solve your problems and I have created the ticket which you can check in 7-10 days to see if it has been resolved.

So at this point I know I am geting no further with my issue and that my patience level is about at 0 partly due to quitting niccotine, some health issues, and a whole lot of very poor customer support! So before I turn into a total butthole and just go totally batcrap crazy on Carol (which reminds me do they have a list of names that they pick from?) I say well I see I'm getting no further to thank you for your time, have a wonderful night and byebye then ended the call as the byebye was still leaving my mouth.

Well that changed gears and turned into a bit of a rant. My ultimate question being is anyone else having issue with DA on Fire devices or IOS? The FireTV devices are at or above OS7 which dish lists as min sys and the iPhone is well above IOS 12. Oh one other piece of the puzzle on one of the 4K FireTvs the Dish rep suggested deleting the app then redownload. I deleted but then could not download. HELP!!!!

I just tried connecting to DishAnywhere on my iPad and directly from my Firestick 4K. They both connected and played fine.

I'm wondering if my issues are somehow tied to the H3 I get a streaming error 70% of the time or more when trying to do an on demand. It will look like it's starting but then comes back with a streaming error. If you go to the DVR section of the H3 and pick the on demand downloads what I just tried to get will show there but if you attempt to play will once again come up with a streaming error 2202. I reported this previously and was given the same answer I got on the Dish Anywhere issue today check back in 7-10 days. The H3 seems to be the common factor but how do I get them to even consider that? I've been happy for the most part with Dish support over the last 18-19 years but I'm fast reaching the point that while I don't often have problems when I do trying to get them resolved is becoming an exercise in frustration and may lead to a breakup if things continue.

Sure miss DIRT

Reactions: charlesrshell
I'm wondering if my issues are somehow tied to the H3 I get a streaming error 70% of the time or more when trying to do an on demand. It will look like it's starting but then comes back with a streaming error. If you go to the DVR section of the H3 and pick the on demand downloads what I just tried to get will show there but if you attempt to play will once again come up with a streaming error 2202. I reported this previously and was given the same answer I got on the Dish Anywhere issue today check back in 7-10 days. The H3 seems to be the common factor but how do I get them to even consider that? I've been happy for the most part with Dish support over the last 18-19 years but I'm fast reaching the point that while I don't often have problems when I do trying to get them resolved is becoming an exercise in frustration and may lead to a breakup if things continue.

Sure miss DIRT
That sounds like you are having internet issues. That would affect both on demand as well as Dish Anywhere. How are you set up for network on your Hopper, WiFi or ethernet? You might want to re-establish your network on the Hopper.

That sounds like you are having internet issues. That would affect both on demand as well as Dish Anywhere. How are you set up for network on your Hopper, WiFi or ethernet? You might want to re-establish your network on the Hopper.
Network is fine. Fiber to the home, feeding a cisco 891 router connected to 3750G switch which is where the H3 is connected on GigE

Network is 100% functional and tested. Networks were my living for many years before I retired about 2 years ago.

Network is fine. Fiber to the home, feeding a cisco 891 router connected to 3750G switch which is where the H3 is connected on GigE

Network is 100% functional and tested. Networks were my living for many years before I retired about 2 years ago.
I am not speaking of your home network. It is how that network is interfacing with your Hopper. Is your Hopper connected to that network via ethernet or WiFi?

Not trying to change the topic but congrats on quitting smoking!My last and final attempt took 30 days before I didn't feel sick. Unlike other failed attempts at quitting this time I have no desire to start again-even with a cup of coffee or a can of beer.
Stick with it!
Same here! 5 1/2 yrs smoke free

If you can, go into your router settings and reserve DHCP for your Hopper, make sure it's connected to the 5G if you're using WiFi to connect to the Hopper.
That solved my connectivity issues with the Hopper and others on here have reported the same thing

I am not speaking of your home network. It is how that network is interfacing with your Hopper. Is your Hopper connected to that network via ethernet or WiFi?
As indicated above H3 is connected to a GigE port on the Cisco 3750G switch. Wired not Wireless.
Not trying to change the topic but congrats on quitting smoking!My last and final attempt took 30 days before I didn't feel sick. Unlike other failed attempts at quitting this time I have no desire to start again-even with a cup of coffee or a can of beer.
Stick with it!

Thanks for the encouragement. Been smoke free for about 25 years now but only dip free for about 10 days. Have tried quitting before but with no success. Smoking was hard but dip has been much harder. Trying patches this go round and it's helping some but the fuse is till short.

If you can, go into your router settings and reserve DHCP for your Hopper, make sure it's connected to the 5G if you're using WiFi to connect to the Hopper.
That solved my connectivity issues with the Hopper and others on here have reported the same thing

Hopper is wired GigE and there is a static DHCP pool configured for it as well as all other devices on my net that do not allow manual IP config and only allow DHCP.

Going the simple route, have you just tried a Network Reset on the Hopper?

Multiple times once of my own choice and others with support connected even though I had indicated that this had already been attempted. While I know my network is not the typical home network, the support techs can't seem to get their heads around the most basic of network terminology.

Multiple times once of my own choice and others with support connected even though I had indicated that this had already been attempted. While I know my network is not the typical home network, the support techs can't seem to get their heads around the most basic of network terminology.
It hasn't been added to their scripts

As indicated above H3 is connected to a GigE port on the Cisco 3750G switch. Wired not Wireless.

Thanks for the encouragement. Been smoke free for about 25 years now but only dip free for about 10 days. Have tried quitting before but with no success. Smoking was hard but dip has been much harder. Trying patches this go round and it's helping some but the fuse is till short.
My friend was buying some nicotine salt pack to help him quit? I never heard of it, says you can find it anywhere?

Does vaping really help drop tobacco?
It did me. I quit cigs and cigars July 2021 by switching to vaping. I feel much better, saving bunches of money, wife quit complaining that I and my man cave doesn't smell anymore, no ashtray or butts to contend with, no more burnt holes in clothes, it's wonderful vaping and driving, etc, etc. Now I wish I could quit vaping! I know it's not good for me too, but!

My father smoked 3-4 packs a day. Had a habit of putting out cigs in every ashtray in the house, every day. He’d spit up into them too- disgusting stuff that hardened and didn’t simply wash out.

My mother had a plan to make sure I never smoked. Guess who’s job it was to clean out those ashtrays…