BEAM MAPS

Not really sure exactly what you mean. More of a region type US map broken up into say 6 or 7 chunks showing all the beams in that area?
Not exactly what I had in mind, but that would be helpful. I guess it might take a separate page for each spotbeam satellite, but maybe not.

Ok, I take it as a clickable map that brings up that region with all the beams. Like I said above.
I was visualizing a specific geographic location with spotbeams listed, not a region. But I don't know if that's possible with current technology and site resources. Or maybe something like antennaweb, with a zipcode entry for input, and spotbeams as an output.

I don't mean to beat the horse too much but what *I* had in mind was the Google Earth KML files. Would be a lot easier than to code a clickable map of the spotbeams for the web. ;)

As of right now they are all separate KML files for each beam with coverage area far larger than even a 1 meter dish.... not for the average Joe trying to see whats in his area. You will have to ask nelson61 for access to the KML files.

Should be fairly easy to take the map data nelson has and convert it to a special GOOGLE maps

(kinda like this information coldwell banker here in dayton does for houses see Coldwell Banker Heritage Realtors - Interactive Property Search Map - Locally Owned for More than 37 Years - Your One Stop Source for Real Estate in the Miami Valley - Providing real estate, mortgage and title services throughout the Miami Valley for an example)

provided nelson is willing to share:D i would be willing to see if i could convert to google maps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts