Beavis and Butthead resumes October 27th

beavisnbutthead2.gif

I've been looking forward to this for a while now. Just think of how much technology has changed since then. The small satellite dish was new along with computers and cell phones were not "in" yet.

Timer set and I can't wait!!! I loved watching Beavis and Butthead in high school

That must be why I couldn't stand it.;) I had been out of high school for over twenty years.
So was I and yet I loved it anyway.

There is a certain tongue-in-cheek quality to most of it, and if that particular satirical tone is not part of your communications, then you don't get it - and nothing wrong with that. I have tried many of the British comedy shows that the "in crowd" seem to love like the ones that involve Alan Partridge, and it is just not funny to me - because I did not grow up in the UK and don't really get some aspects of the comedy. (Fortunately Monty Python seems to not require that.)

Beavis and Butt-Head Is Back! What's New? What's Old?
Ready for more Beavis and Butt-Head? MTV hopes so, as the cable network is re-launching the animated series from Mike Judge nearly two decades after its original debut. But will the show, which thrived in the '90s — when the M in MTV still stood for music — work today? Judge and MTV President Van Toffler, a self-described B and B fanatic, think so. Here's how they plan to bring the chuckling chuckleheads into the 21st century.Fall TV: Get the lowdown on this season's must-see new shows..WHAT'S NEW?The 1990s Beavis and Butt-Head, of course, relied heavily on the dumb pair mocking MTV's slate of music videos — the relative dearth of which these days posed an interesting problem for Judge. As a result, in the new version, B. and B. will make fun of other MTV programming, a solution that Toffler finds apropos. "I think MTV has been self-deprecating since its inception," he told reporters at this year's fall TV previews. But won't Judge feel weird about biting the hand that feeds him? "I don't think so," he says. "I mean, look at what they have on!"First up, the natural fit: Jersey Shore, a show on which Judge says he's hooked. "It really clicked [as a source of comedy]; it was just pay dirt," he says. They'll also target the cast of 16 & Pregnant, UFC fights and popular viral videos from YouTube.Beavis and Butt-Head to return to MTV..In the premiere episode (Thursday at 10/9c on MTV), the pair sees Twilight and they decide to "get chicks" by becoming supernatural creatures themselves. So they ask a homeless guy with hepatitis (who they think is a werewolf) to bite them. So yes, the critical-thinking skills are intact. The show also still thrives on simplicity. In another short, Beavis smells an onion from his chili dog while watching a tear-jerking scene from The Bachelor. Butt-Head notices Beavis' onion-fueled tears, thinks he has been moved by the romance reality show and ridicules him for days. But the best jokes are the duo's impromptu voice-overs for Snooki. It's comedy gold.[Check out photos from 'Beavis and Butt-Head' here.] WHAT'S OLD? Fans of the original series, fear not: Beavis and Butt-Head are the same emotionally stunted man-children you remember from their 1993-1997 run on MTV. In fact, it'll mostly seem like no time has passed at all. "I didn't want to do a big, conscious forcing of modern stuff on them, only when it makes sense," Judge says.Heh-heh. That's cool.Beavis and Butt-Head airs Thursdays at 10/9c. Will you tune in? Beavis and Butt-Head Is Back! What's New? What's Old? - Yahoo! TV

I think with a 20 minute program, there is little downside to forming our own opinions. (As opposed to spending $10 and two hours on a new movie, where a review can be helpful.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)