Bed bath and beyond and dont forget baby killers

Status
Not open for further replies.
While it sucks they didn't call 911, I can't imagine that no one had a cell phone on them...

That was something that came up in the comments section of that website but given the area Im not very surprised as Kentucky is one of the more poorer non southern states and I also considered that in a crisis situation people tend to blank on having a cell phone and head to where a hard wire phone would be at.

Kentucky is one of two states that had two governments, one for each side, during the recent unpleasantness. I daresay that most folks would consider them southern, especially after traveling thru there and talking with some folks.

Missouri is the other one.

They are #40 by per capita income.

Kentucky is not that poor. :rolleyes:
Not as poor as say LA or MS but its not CA or NY either, I dont think I'll ever forget my getting lost on the back roads of Julip.....kind of gave some meaning to the song " Cole miners daughter" and the movie "Deliverance".

Not as poor as say LA or MS but its not CA or NY either, I dont think I'll ever forget my getting lost on the back roads of Julip.....kind of gave some meaning to the song " Cole miners daughter" and the movie "Deliverance".
I have been to the poorest areas of Georgia, and people still have cell phones. They don't cost that much.

Those same Amish can't have a landline phone (or electricity or in-door plumbing for that matter) for religious reasons. But in most cases the business reality of their existence warrants (and pays for!) their cell phones. Most won't be caught using a cell phone on their homesteads (inside the milkhouse is OK!) or in their close communities either, but on a remote jobsite it's no holds barred. Last fall I had my roof replaced and I chose my contractor in part because he had Amishmen in his crew. (I highly respect and recommend the quality of their work!) I heard a cellphone ringing and was about to head inside to pick up mine (same ringtone) until one of the crewmen in straw hat pulled his phone out of his bib overall pouch and began chatting...in PA "Dutch"...! Quite an anachronism of frequent display in our parts...!

If you are going to hate on KY at least learn to spell. It is coal, not cole.

If you are going to hate on KY at least learn to spell. It is coal, not cole.

What you never forget? it happened to me and Ive heard it happens to others so imagine that now who woulda thunk it.

Gusy let the cell phone stuff go, for what ever reason either the couple didnt have one and or there wasnt anyone around who did or even anyone around, for what ever reason it didnt come up or couldnt and the store they went into refused to do call authorities and wouldnt let them use a phone to do it.

whatever time the mother gets, and it should be pleanty, the store should get, say 1/2 that. mom gets 20 years in jail, the store should be closed for 10. im sure that will happen

and the store they went into refused to do call authorities and wouldnt let them use a phone to do it.

No. The store didn't refuse to call. Some moron working in the store, acting on their own stupidity, not to be confused with corporate policy, refused to call. If you read the quote from the person who refused use of the phone, it is clear they weren't too bright.

Now how some moron in a store morphs into "Bed bath beyond and baby killers", is quite frankly, beyond me.

No. The store didn't refuse to call. Some moron working in the store, acting on their own stupidity, not to be confused with corporate policy, refused to call. If you read the quote from the person who refused use of the phone, it is clear they weren't too bright.

Now how some moron in a store morphs into "Bed bath beyond and baby killers", is quite frankly, beyond me.

Miss these paragraphs?

"Investigators say the couple entered the store and asked employees of the store to call 911, but the store refused, stating that it was against company policy to get involved with matters out in the parking lot. "

"Witnesses told police that they informed the store that a child was locked inside a hot car and needed help, but when they asked the store for a phone, it refused again, stating that matters outside the store were not it's concern. Store management reinforced this sentiment to authorities later."

Or did you only go to the end and read this?

"Responding to public outrage over the incident, Bed Bath & Beyond issued this statement:

"The customer did ask the store to contact the authorities. The store suggested that the customer, who had witnessed the situation, contact 911. We are pleased that the matter was addressed in a timely manner and will use this incident as a training opportunity."

Kentucky is one of two states that had two governments, one for each side, during the recent unpleasantness. I daresay that most folks would consider them southern, especially after traveling thru there and talking with some folks.

Missouri is the other one.

They are #40 by per capita income.
And WTF is wrong with Missouri?

No, no. Missouri was one of the two states with both Confederate and bad guy governments. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)