Been down since Sat

slick1ru2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
The South
They are coming out today, Error code 015, No signal to any sat. I had a DP44 switch put in recently when I added another DVR, although under system info, its curious that one of my TVs says it has a DP34 on it, its one of the older pre DP44 boxes. Anyway, the sats LNB drift are all in the negatives up to -10. I am keeping my fingers crossed it gets fixed today espescially with the Olympics and football starting, I already missed the Hall of Fame game and am using my NCAA 09 game for updates, lol. I hope its just the switch and that they brought one, last time at install they didn't. I also don't know if I should ask for a refund for this time.

Initial install was weeks ago. Tech support had me do check switch and it just keeps running and she had me stop when it was going to x of 38 tests.

Anyway, its after 5 and no tech. He just called and I asked if he had a DPP44 with him (just in case that is the problem and the last tech didn't have one) and no he didn't. I told advanced tech suppport to make sure and note that, and of course they didn't put that in the notes and now he has to go to the warehouse and its rush hour in Atlanta. I hate lousy, crappy, customer support. Excellent customer service is so far and few between and only gets more widespread. I expected it though and asked about the switch.

Another crappy thing is when I called initially I was on hold for 20-30 minutes, I got this rude woman who wanted to know if the 015 error was on all 4 of my sets and I was trying to explain I have 3 tvs and one has a dual tuner and that threw her and she keeps asking if I have 4 TVs or not and then the line goes dead. I think she hung up. So another 25 minutes on hold and I get the second woman and I immediately ask why when disconnected don't they call back, one of the things I even tell them is my phone number and she says they have no way to dial out. STUPID CRAPPY customer support system rears its ugly head again. If I took off work to be here I today would be furious and I am pissed as it is that I pay a large chunk of money and get the feeling that when there is a problem I am talking to Comcast again.

The receivers are doing a test for a legacy switch. DP/DPP switches have 5 tests, legacy 38. Try unplugging all receivers and the power inserter to the DPP44, then plug them back in and try again.

Well the tech just called and I asked if there was anything I can do and told him about the legacy switch and he said where is the power supply and I don't remember the guy putting one in so he said he will check it out when he gets here. I wanted to watch Red tonight on HD Net movies so hope it goes well.

Well the tech just called and I asked if there was anything I can do and told him about the legacy switch and he said where is the power supply and I don't remember the guy putting one in so he said he will check it out when he gets here. I wanted to watch Red tonight on HD Net movies so hope it goes well.

If dish wants to know why it is losing customers this is it lousy customer service.

Charlie wake up and start doing what you did ten years ago or fold up and go home---Good customer keeps a company growing bad service and it is bye bye.

The reason for Direct TV growth--good customer service according to the lastest JD POWERS rating

And the problem was....no power supply. Tech was great, said I am not going to say anything about another installer but you are supposed to use a power supply. Weird how it worked for weeks. And there was a bad connector outside going to one TV. Funny thing was the tech saw I had 2 PS3s and said never seen that before, that he see's something new just about every day, but not 2 PS3s, lol. I told him I have 3 HD TVs and the price was the same for a blue ray player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts