Been out of FTA for a while.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CoolJoe

Original poster
Dec 4, 2015
Kansas
Well...I decided to try my Sonicview 360 Premier today after not using it for about a year,to my surprise I couldnt get the dish motor to move more than 20 degrees, I tried everything in the setup and no luck..it will move 10 inches east and 10 inches west and stop,I did a factory reset and no luck,my questions are,is this receiver out of date where it wont control my motor anymore and is it worth it to get another reciever?
Like I said,been out of it for awhile,anything new on FTA ku worth buying a new reciever?
What is a good reciever these days,this SV was nothing but trouble from day one.
Thanks.

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!
I assume you are talking about a USALS motor?
It could be either or. If so and you are using USALS try DiSEqC 1.2 and see if it will move farther.

Like I said,been out of it for awhile,anything new on FTA ku worth buying a new reciever?
not really anything new but there are channels that the SV wont get because they are now DVB-S2

I was outside looking at the motor Powermax SG 9120 and the led light is green,when I go inside and use the reciever to move the dish east or west the motor gets a red light and again,the motor will move a few inches and stop.
Sound like the reciever?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)