Been targeted for 6.20 for a week?

barryb

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
How long should it take to get this download? Is there something I can or should do? I leave the box in standby at night. I check each morning and still no update. Is there a way to force this? Should I call Voom or just wait? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Barry

I would call Voom and ask them to send a hit to your boxes. This might trigger a download. Did you recently get installed?? Sometimes it could take up to a week to receive the download after your installation.

Try this. Go into system settings. Go into Installation Wizard. Go into Verify Voom. If you do that it will check your software to see if it is up to date. It will then ask you if you want to upgrade. Just say yes, and this should force the download. It worked for me when one of my boxes did not update.

Lucky said:
Try this. Go into system settings. Go into Installation Wizard. Go into Verify Voom. If you do that it will check your software to see if it is up to date. It will then ask you if you want to upgrade. Just say yes, and this should force the download. It worked for me when one of my boxes did not update.

Thanks. I will give this a try. If that does not work I will call Voom. I am not a new install. I have had Voom a few months now.

Barry

That worked,it's downloading now. Thanks again.

Barry

barryb said:
That worked,it's downloading now. Thanks again.

Barry

You're Welcome. It is a good little tip to remember. It seems with the new software we now can force the download at any time and do not need to wait for the box to update itself.

So what's the latest software? I thought it was 1.20? I have 6.20 and am not targeted for any newer version.

Thanks.

I have 2 boxes. One was updated to 6.20 but the other one, as of today, is still at 6.10 showing a target of 6.20. :confused:.
I'll try Lucky's suggestion on post #3 and report back.

DarrellP said:
So what's the latest software? I thought it was 1.20? I have 6.20 and am not targeted for any newer version.

Thanks.
1.20 is a new version numbering scheme used by VOOM. 1.20 is the same version 6.20. In different places it shows one number or another. See the link in my current signature for details.

Walter L. said:
I have 2 boxes. One was updated to 6.20 but the other one, as of today, is still at 6.10 showing a target of 6.20. :confused:.
I'll try Lucky's suggestion on post #3 and report back.
I did it and it started the upgrade; however, I went out for a couple of minutes and when I came back I found it simply showing the full screen in green. Anybody knows what that means?

Walter L. said:
I found it simply showing the full screen in green. Anybody knows what that means?
Are the lights blinking on the STB? Do you get any sound? If "No" on both, unplug the STB for a few seconds an plug it in again. It should continue the download after that.

Ilya said:
Are the lights blinking on the STB? Do you get any sound? If "No" on both, unplug the STB for a few seconds an plug it in again. It should continue the download after that.
OK. I did the reset and it came back as 6.20. Thanks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts