Before I Consider Switching to DirecTV...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

js6425

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
I have a few questions before I consider switching to DirecTV from Dish Network.

• Is it possible to "move" with DirecTV service, and is it easy to do as it is with dish?
  • How easy is it to get the NBC, CBS, ABC, & FOX national feeds in HD?

Thanks so much for your insight! I'll post any other questions as I think of them.

Last edited:
Before we retype ALL the info; have you searched all the other treads on these subjects yet?

And yes, that current promo is almost always the best deal running. Be quick its likely to end in the next few weeks.

I have a few questions before I consider switching to DirecTV from Dish Network.

• What HD channels does D* offer that E* doesn't, and vice-versa?
  • Is it possible to "move" with DirecTV service, and is it easy to do as it is with dish?
  • Does DirecTV offer superstations, or something similar?
  • How easy is it to get the NBC, CBS, ABC, & FOX national feeds in HD?
  • Is the HR21 with AM21 comparable to the ViP622 receiver?
  • How do you already with directv like your service (especially those who switched from dish network)?
  • Right now on the DirecTV website, they're offering four months of premier with nfl sunday ticket (i'd have to pay extra for the games in hd?) for $75 a month. Are there any better deals out there, besides signing up on the directv website?
Thanks so much for your insight! I'll post any other questions as I think of them.
I was going to put up the comparison chart, but the link no longer works.

ETA: Here, use this one to compare channels. Don't forget about the 4 channels added today that are not on the list.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1467166-post352.html

After some searching, I was able to find some of the answers to my questions, but I still need help with others. I removed the questions I don't need answered. Thanks!

Does DirecTV offer superstations, or something similar?
No. Only you own local superstation, TBS, and WGN. They do not have a superstation package like Dish does.
How do you already with directv like your service (especially those who switched from dish network)?
Most of these answers will be subjective, but let me give you my 2 cents

I like Direct, but that is because they are the best choice for ME. With EI, the number of locals in HD, ex, there is not better service for ME. That is not to say that other providers would not be better for YOU due to your particular interests (i.e. the superstation package)

what about "moving" and receiving the national feeds?

Moving is moving; if you are in the spot beam of the DMA you want but are not supposed to receive legally, just change your service zip code on your account subscription (be aware of and prepared for some of the pitfalls of this action / not to mention the illegality). If you are in an area that has no LoL yet and is eligible for DNS, simply add DNS to your subscription. If you are in one of those rare "who knows" areas; then talk with DirecTV, apply for waivers if needed and await the affiliates reply. Don't be shocked if your affiliates deny you even if YOU say you can't get a signal. Because it's not up to you or DirecTV; it's up to the claiming affiliates.

And as said above, national feeds are just that, national, so everyone with LoS and a proper subscription will get whatever they pay for.

I'm aware of the illegalities of "moving", but I just wanted to know if it's as simple to do as it is with dish network.

what about "moving" and receiving the national feeds?
Moving is easy, you call the special movers line to schedule the install. Leave your old dish behind and they install a new dish at your new location. Once a year it is free and you shouldn't have to sign up for another commitment. Although there has been some talk that they will try to set you up on a new commitment.

Not sure about the national feeds. If your locals are available, you can get the big 4 networks at minimum. You can check with the link below using your zip code.

DIRECTV - Local Channels

Moving is easy, you call the special movers line to schedule the install. Leave your old dish behind and they install a new dish at your new location. Once a year it is free and you shouldn't have to sign up for another commitment. Although there has been some talk that they will try to set you up on a new commitment.

He's talking about "moving" which doesn't actually involve physically moving:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)