Beijing Opening Ceremonies on Live on CBC

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
They're showing the opening ceremonies live on CBC & SRC. My wife told me it looks great in HD.
Too bad I'm stuck at work and will have to see the tape delay tonight. Too bad I forgot to tell her to DVR it for me.

For some reason the HD feed is setup as a Pay Per View. Its free but in order to watch it you need to have your receiver phone home to Canada... and since I am in the US there is no chance of me doing that. ;)

For some reason the HD feed is setup as a Pay Per View. Its free but in order to watch it you need to have your receiver phone home to Canada... and since I am in the US there is no chance of me doing that. ;)
The ones on 802 (CBC-East) and 804 (CBC-West)? or the ones they set up in the "olympic block" in the 830's?
The 830's and others in the "HD Olympic Block" are normally PPV or Sports Packages, that's the reason you need a phone plugged in,

Just turn to 802 or 804 and watch it on one of the normal CBC-HD channels or SRC-HD on 860.

cbchd, the std channel was showing the opening ceremonies. I am dvr'ing it

what is up with NBC not showing a live feed?

They added 2 extra channels for soccer and basketball, show it on that. It is empty anyway!

cbchd, the std channel was showing the opening ceremonies. I am dvr'ing it

what is up with NBC not showing a live feed?
Advertisers. They won't pay as much for commercial space during the ceremonies if they've already been shown. And since the opening ceremonies usually command top dollar, NBC doesn't want to lower the "value".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)