Being charged programming change fee 5 times

It is technically a bundle package.

It is offered on their website as a single package, including all of the channels listed. I see nothing about it being a bundled package. Under your logic the Top 250 is also a bundle because it includes the Top 120 and the Top 200, so if you cancelled that within 30 days would you expect to pay $15, $5 to cancel the Top 120, $5 to cancel the Top 200 and another $5 to cancel the Top 250.

AEP isn't really the everything package anyway. It's just 250 plus premiums. Why not just get rid of it and offer a discount to people taking all the premiums. With the big hike in price, I'm not sure why most would want AEP anyway.

It is offered on their website as a single package, including all of the channels listed. I see nothing about it being a bundled package. Under your logic the Top 250 is also a bundle because it includes the Top 120 and the Top 200, so if you cancelled that within 30 days would you expect to pay $15, $5 to cancel the Top 120, $5 to cancel the Top 200 and another $5 to cancel the Top 250.

Well you are technically bundling a channel package with movie channels that are sold separately. The same logic can't really be applied to the 250 or the 200 just because they include the same channels as the 120. If you add up the total cost of each item separately, AEP is discounted.

(based on current pricing)
250 = $69.99
HBO = $18.00
Cinemax = $13.00
Showtime = $13.00
Starz = $13.00

Total = $126.99
AEP = $104.99

The difference is a little over $20. I'm not trying to come off in a negative tone by any means. I just understand how it is from both sides. Running a business is difficult and you have to balance things out. Sometimes business practices seem unfair. When a business is as big as Dish and not a fly by night company one would have to assume that they have done research and applied this for some reason or another. Scott said earlier that Dish has become more customer friendly by not charging any fee for changing after having the same package for 30 days or more.

Well you are technically bundling a channel package with movie channels that are sold separately. The same logic can't really be applied to the 250 or the 200 just because they include the same channels as the 120. If you add up the total cost of each item separately, AEP is discounted.

250 = $69.99
HBO = $18.00
Cinemax = $13.00
Showtime = $13.00
Starz = $13.00

Total = $126.99
AEP = $104.99

The difference is a little over $20. I'm not trying to come off in a negative tone by any means. I just understand how it is from both sides. Running a business is difficult and you have to balance things out. Sometimes business practices seem unfair. When a business is as big as Dish and not a fly by night company one would have to assume that they have done research and applied this for some reason or another. Scott said earlier that Dish has become more customer friendly by not charging any fee for changing after having the same package for 30 days or more.

Technically bundling? So for 'technically' bundling you should have to pay a fee for each section? As I said the website says nothing about bundling anything. It is a single package that contains channels that are included in other sub packages. You say they have must some reason or another for charging $25. Of course, to make money. Just because they did some research doesn't make it right. Good luck with your business, if you do things like this that screw your customers. I would have no argument with a $25 downgrade fee if DISH clearly stated that and marketed AEP as 5 different packages within a bundle. Clearly, they didn't do either.

Yea I don't agree with Dish on this at all.AEP is a singular package when you add it,it should be a singular package when you remove it.$25 for reducing your package to the smart pack is highway robbery plain and simple.

I cannot agree with this either. I know that dish changed the policy to eliminate the fee if you have the package more than 30 days, but before it was only a 5 dollar fee no matter how many packages you dropped. If the end result was a lower monthly rate then you got the fee. The way it is now seems petty, especially since it is not communicated to the customer clearly.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app.

250 = $69.99
HBO = $18.00
Cinemax = $13.00
Showtime = $13.00
Starz = $13.00

Total = $126.99
AEP = $104.99

the problem with your math is Dish gives you a discount when you order more than 1 premium

from the dish site
2 premiums are $26
3 are $35
all 4 are $44

I was just doing straight math. I am aware that when you get more than 1 premium they are technically bundled, and you get a discount with those also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)