Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
I am considering a trip to Belize in the next year or two. I was wondering if anyone has been there and, if so, what they thought of it. I would love to hear comments on what to do or see.

Please though let's not have another thread that argues about whether it is an island or whether it borders the Caribbean sea or the Atlantic Ocean (one is part of the other).

then again maybe that is what gives Satellite Guys character.

Reactions: Ilya
1. Amazing pyramids. And unlike Mexico you are still allowed to climb them.
2. Cave tubing

I know a few people that have gone to Costa Rica and loved the trip. Not Belize, but perhaps of value if Belize falls thru.

Keep in mind that it's not easy to drive in Belize. The roads are pretty bad. A lot of potholes. Requires a special skill to navigate around them. Local drivers joke that you need to be a PhD to drive in Belize. PhD, according to them, stands for "pothole driver" :)
If you are thinking of renting a car there, make sure to get an SUV, ideally a four wheeler.

OOK> cancel belize. we finally settled foran 8 day expedition on the Rocky Mountaineer through the Canadian Rockies. i know this is pretty far away from the original idea. Can't trust Geronimo i guess.

Reactions: TheKrell and KE4EST
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)