Bell change no sales only rentals?

mjschuyler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 25, 2003
I have tried to purchase a 5900 through both Kusat And CaAm with out any luck. Kusat sent me the following email:

Hi Murray;

An I apologize for not getting this out to you as previously promised but Bell has made a 180deg turn and made it even more clear last week that we can not sell anymore either (we could but then be at risk of getting in trouble with them).

Fortunately, if you want to rent it, I can rent it for you, we are authorized installers and we can say that we installed it for you even in the Maritimes! So can I go ahead and process it like that instead of entering it as a sale? You will be billed CAN$10+Tax /mth for the rental and I believe we have to charge you CAN$49 + Tax for the initial rental setup ($25 for new customers).

Sorry about all this "mess" but we're caught in the middle of this sudden change which started about 2 weeks ago when you initially placed the order. This is what I got last week to finalize the shift:

Effective immediately, all ExpressVu System sales have been taken off The Source Advantage Web Site.

The only accounts that will be able to order systems are dealers that have been set up to Install Rental.
Please make sure that your dealers on the attached Retail Master list receive the Order Form Template because it will be the only way they will be able to order systems until further notice.

If we find they are not using this inventory for Rental installations and are using it for Out Right Hardware sales, we will refuse further system shipments.

Going forward, all new activations business must be Rental focused.

CanAm first said the receiver was shipped and then cancelled the order without any explaination.

Any one else having problems getting receivers?

Thanks Murray

Looks like they are going rental only for a while.

Where abouts do you live? And just to confirm; you are looking for a 5900 receiver and not a 5920 system, correct?

I tried CanAm for a 9200....although they have them on their website, it was a NO GO!

I would just buy one from EBAY, but, what would I do if the receiver breaks?

I really hope that Star Choice does get more customers because of EV's rental only policies. I wonder if this is something that E* thought of.

BEV rental only

I do have an a BEV account. My old 5100 hard drive is dying so I wanted a 5900. Neither Kusat or Canam can or will ship one. My cousin in Ontario tried to buy the receiver but BEV would not sell it to him unless he had an account. He has his own BEV aaccount so they wanted to put on HIS account. Finally he told them he was buying it as a Christmas gift. I gave him my account number and BEV will assign it to my account. BEV had ONE 5900 in stock in Welland Ontario. It appears BEV has very few receivers right now. Since Dish makes the receivers maybe it them that is having trouble suppling BEV.

Murray

Thanks for the info.... I was going to get a Star Choice DVR, but now I'll wait.

Hopefully, they will get more equipment in and I'll be able to buy a 9200! Maybe, if they ever get that D* satellite to move to 82, there will be lots more HD channels in the near future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)