Bengals Bringing Chris Henry Back!?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This just shocks me. This is akin to the Red Sox resigning Me-Me as a free agent over the winter!

With all due respect Bill. Chris Henry is in a class of his own. IMO, he shouldn't even be allowed back in the NFL.

Here's his rather long criminal history. Why would the Bengals want such a character back?!

• January 30, 2006: Henry was arrested in Orlando, Florida for multiple gun charges including concealment and aggravated assault with a firearm.[15] He was reported to have been wearing his #15 Bengals jersey at the time of his arrest. Henry pleaded guilty and avoided jail time in both cases.

• May 4, 2006: Cincinnati media reported that Henry was being investigated by Covington, Kentucky police in connection with a sex crime which allegedly occurred in a Covington hotel room in the early morning of April 30, 2006. No charges have yet been filed, and on May 24, 2006, Covington police reported that there is no proof anything happened and that the alleged victim might have concocted the story and may face charges for filing a false police report.

• January 25, 2007: Henry plead guilty to charges of providing alcohol to minors, an incident that occurred at a hotel in the spring in 2006. He was sentenced to 90 days in jail, with all but two of those days being suspended.[18]

• April 10, 2007: Henry was suspended for the first eight games of the 2007 NFL season for violations of the NFL's personal conduct policy.[10] His suspension comes with a stern warning that future misconduct may result in the end of his career with the NFL. Henry was given permission by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to begin practicing fully.[19] His suspension was lifted and he played in the November 11, 2007 game versus the Baltimore Ravens, amassing 4 catches for 99 yards.

• May 18, 2007: It was reported by the Cincinnati Enquirer that Henry allegedly failed a court-mandated drug test. The report showed that he had taken an opiate, but the result was later proven to be false. The failed drug test would have been the third violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy. A third violation, per league rules, results in a one-year suspension. In addition to having his suspension increased to 24 games, he would have had to serve an 88 day jail sentence.[20] As of May 23, 2007, the State of Kentucky has reported that Henry in fact did NOT fail a drug test, and that earlier reports to the contrary are erroneous.

• June 12, 2007: Henry allegedly assaulted a 16-year-old boy with teammate Reggie McNeal. The claims were later reported to be unfounded[21] and Henry and McNeal have been exonerated.

• March 31, 2008: Henry was alleged to have punched a man named Gregory Meyer, 18, and thrown a beer bottle through the window of his car. Henry claimed it was a case of mistaken identity and also that he thought it was somebody else that owed him money.[23] Henry was waived by the Bengals a day after this arrest and was then forced to serve a house arrest sentence.

With all due respect Bill. Chris Henry is in a class of his own. IMO, he shouldn't even be allowed back in the NFL.

Here's his rather long criminal history. Why would the Bengals want such a character back?!

• January 30, 2006: Henry was arrested in Orlando, Florida for multiple gun charges including concealment and aggravated assault with a firearm.[15] He was reported to have been wearing his #15 Bengals jersey at the time of his arrest. Henry pleaded guilty and avoided jail time in both cases.
  • May 4, 2006: Cincinnati media reported that Henry was being investigated by Covington, Kentucky police in connection with a sex crime which allegedly occurred in a Covington hotel room in the early morning of April 30, 2006. No charges have yet been filed, and on May 24, 2006, Covington police reported that there is no proof anything happened and that the alleged victim might have concocted the story and may face charges for filing a false police report.
  • January 25, 2007: Henry plead guilty to charges of providing alcohol to minors, an incident that occurred at a hotel in the spring in 2006. He was sentenced to 90 days in jail, with all but two of those days being suspended.[18]
  • April 10, 2007: Henry was suspended for the first eight games of the 2007 NFL season for violations of the NFL's personal conduct policy.[10] His suspension comes with a stern warning that future misconduct may result in the end of his career with the NFL. Henry was given permission by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to begin practicing fully.[19] His suspension was lifted and he played in the November 11, 2007 game versus the Baltimore Ravens, amassing 4 catches for 99 yards.
  • May 18, 2007: It was reported by the Cincinnati Enquirer that Henry allegedly failed a court-mandated drug test. The report showed that he had taken an opiate, but the result was later proven to be false. The failed drug test would have been the third violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy. A third violation, per league rules, results in a one-year suspension. In addition to having his suspension increased to 24 games, he would have had to serve an 88 day jail sentence.[20] As of May 23, 2007, the State of Kentucky has reported that Henry in fact did NOT fail a drug test, and that earlier reports to the contrary are erroneous.
  • June 12, 2007: Henry allegedly assaulted a 16-year-old boy with teammate Reggie McNeal. The claims were later reported to be unfounded[21] and Henry and McNeal have been exonerated.
  • March 31, 2008: Henry was alleged to have punched a man named Gregory Meyer, 18, and thrown a beer bottle through the window of his car. Henry claimed it was a case of mistaken identity and also that he thought it was somebody else that owed him money.[23] Henry was waived by the Bengals a day after this arrest and was then forced to serve a house arrest sentence.

I agree. I was comparing this to the Red Sox bringing Me-Me back on a surprise scale. I can definitely see how it could be taken another way. My bad. :D

I am shocked.

The only thing I can figure is that they didn't want to cut him all along, but thought they could cut him and resign him at a lower salary.

And once again, the reinforced truth is that the old man is pulling the strings.

It's just the precedent that makes this move shake my head.

Dude....you should know by now that sports fans and GMs...ESPECIALLY if you can play REALLY WELL...are the most FORGIVING of all. At a much cheaper rate, if he f***s up....no worries, you cut his a$$ and they spent little $$$. But if you keep him at the rate he was making before...then you are wasting money that NO ONE will trade for. IF it works out well, the team lloks good for giving him another chance, he looks good because he has somewhat redeemed himself and a win-win for everyone. IF he screws up, the team can say they gave him a chance with little, in football terms, out of the books....

WVU has built a program by taking thugs and outlaws that True Majors, even by the low standards of college sports, refuse to take. Every WVU player of any note in the last 30 years has been a criminal.

WVU has built a program by taking thugs and outlaws that True Majors, even by the low standards of college sports, refuse to take. Every WVU player of any note in the last 30 years has been a criminal.

What about Miami under Jimmy Johnson and Dennis Erickson?

And don't forget Oklahoma under Switzer:

0227_large.jpg

At least the Mountaineers weren't causing harm, damage and destruction ON THEIR OWN CAMPUS!!

ESPN - Source: Henry headed to Cincinnati to sign deal with Bengals - NFL

Wow. Just wow!.........

They went through all that hoopla saying they wouldn't stand for these types of players anymore and then 2 months later, let it die down some and bring him back. Now that is class!

This is no surprise really. The Bungals are reeling and Lewis knows his arse is on the line this year. He'll push for any talent he thinks can help him. Chad (look at me!) Johnson has this team in turmoil and no one knows how to stop him. Pathetic.

Lewis wasn't the one who signed him. He didn't want him back. Mike Brown did this all on his own.

What about Miami under Jimmy Johnson and Dennis Erickson?
And don't forget Oklahoma under Switzer:

0227_large.jpg

At least the Mountaineers weren't causing harm, damage and destruction ON THEIR OWN CAMPUS!!

And they cleaned things up in Miami the years after.....but unfortunately, the reputation of those years still follow them.

This is no surprise really. The Bungals are reeling and Lewis knows his arse is on the line this year. He'll push for any talent he thinks can help him. Chad (look at me!) Johnson has this team in turmoil and no one knows how to stop him. Pathetic.

If you think Marvin Lewis is on the hot seat, you don't know anything about Mike Brown.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)