Bentonville Arkansas 72714 HD Locals

xboxchan

Original poster
Jan 5, 2009
In the sticks
Could the square shooter antenna be used to get locals in "HD"

In Bentonville Arkansas?

Currently they are not offered on Dish Network.

If this is not possible, are there any suggestions for getting locals in this area “72714” ?

Thanks

:D

I have a question about Arkansas as well so I thought I would just add it to this thread. I live in Little Rock and just called DISH to make some account changes. I was informed that ABC and CBS are now available in HD but I will need to change my dish and pay a one time fee of 59.xx. I have had my dish less than six months. Can anyone verify this? Is there not an update I can get without shelling out more money?

Thanks,

I have a question about Arkansas as well so I thought I would just add it to this thread. I live in Little Rock and just called DISH to make some account changes. I was informed that ABC and CBS are now available in HD but I will need to change my dish and pay a one time fee of 59.xx. I have had my dish less than six months. Can anyone verify this? Is there not an update I can get without shelling out more money?

Thanks,

It's usually $59 without extending your commitment and free if you extend your commitment to 24 months.

Thanks,

Is OTA an option for you? What kind of service and recievers do you currently have?

Could the square shooter antenna be used to get locals in "HD"

In Bentonville Arkansas?

Currently they are not offered on Dish Network.

If this is not possible, are there any sug gestions for getting locals in this area “72714” ?

Thanks

:D

It would likely work OK if located outside on a high mast. There are cheaper alternatives like just using a regular old antenna mounted outside. Where are your locals from? Fayetteville, Rodgers, Springdale, Ft. Smith? If they are all on UHF frequencies, a high gain UHF only antenna like the Radio Shack U-75 will work mounted high above the roof.

Antennaweb,org only shows the NBC affiliate in Rodgers as HD in your DMA. Is that correct? I think you are too far from Springfield to receive their locals but it might be worth a try. You would definitely need a mast high in the air with a high gain antenna. Isn't Springfield 70-80 miles from there? You might be better waiting to see if E* is going to add the HD locals to the Springfield DMA and then execute a "move" to Springfield if you are within its spotbeam. Maybe D* has the Springfield lHD locals.

Looking at the contour maps at the FCC database for Springfield, Bentonville is just outside their effective range which means if your antenna is good enough you may have a chance at picking up the HD locals from there. Here's a link to the FCC database so you can see for yourself:

TV Query - TV Technical Information - Video Division - MB (FCC) USA

Enter he call sign of the station and then at the stations page click on the call sign with a DT after and then look for the contour service map.

Thanks for your help. Yes I get HD local OTA to some extent now. For the most I get them.. every 5 to 10 minutes they go out and come back because the signal strength is rarely over 70. I was hoping to get them through the satellite without paying the extra money. I might switch to Direct TV anyway so I am just going to hold off before investing anymore money with this company. They charged me 5 bucks to remove Showtime and Starz.....

I have the Top 200 with the HD package and my receiver is a VIP722. I can run ethernet or a phone line to it if I need to. Anything to save me 60 bucks. He talked as if the equipment on my roof had to be changed.

On the back of the 722 is an OTA connection. Try hooking up and antenna, running a scan on the locals set up section in the 722 and see what you get. I live in Benton, and can get the lacals with Radio Shack Rabbit ears. Phone line and ethernet have nothing to do with it.

Well I have the most expensive Phillips antenna that Walmart sells. It is suppose to be for HD programming and still my signal is rarely over 70. What does your signal read out say when you change it to a local? I am not too far from you. I am at the beginning of Stagecoach on the east side of I430.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts