Beowulf

Silvia2112

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Format wars are so fun! The ONE movie I want to see from Paramount and I can't get in blu-ray!

Maybe I will buy and return a HD-Player from Best Buy so I can watch it! Friend is a manager their so no restocking fees.....

Format wars are so fun! The ONE movie I want to see from Paramount and I can't get in blu-ray!

Maybe I will buy and return a HD-Player from Best Buy so I can watch it! Friend is a manager their so no restocking fees.....
Nice morals! :(

Maybe you can catch it in the theatre.

Last edited:
Morals are for people that want to live in mediocrity.

But - this isn't about you - this is about blu-ray and hd so this will be the last post about that.

I am just jealous - I want the movie and all the HD'ers have access to it!

You gotta be kidding me? You can get an A2/A3 on Ebay for like $70 or less if you look.

Beowulf will be $27-30 street. Getting a HD DVD player is a no brainer for that.

You're not looking at buying a $400 Blu-Ray player. Most standalone Blu-Ray owners are purple. You must only own the PS3.

Or do what I do: wait until it comes on HBO (or another premium), watch it in SD upconverted (if you are desperate to see it as soon as it hits the streets), or wait for Paramount to go neutral or BD exclusive (though no guarantees that will happen anytime soon or that they would even re-release Beowulf on BD).

I can rent it from Netflix - or at least try to rent it.

Money is not an object (since they are all relatively cheap) - it is just principal. If I buy one new - it counts towards a new purchase and I am not helping the war - just contributing to it.

Ebay is an option - but why go that route for just one movie. I don't need it for upconvert since I already have an Oppo.

Yes - I have a PS3. I got it because my kids can play games on it (and now my addiction). I went this route since there really was no player that was the latest profile except the Panasonic. The Panny is great but it was still $375 (with IBM employee purchase). I got the PS3 for that price.

Once the newest profile players are out (namely the Pioneer Elite) - I will add that as my primary player.

You can easily get it in Blu-ray as Warner holds the international rights and does not implement region coding.

Amazon.co.uk: Beowulf [Blu-ray] [2007]: DVD: Ray Winstone,Angelina Jolie,Anthony Hopkins,Robin Wright Penn,Brendan Gleeson,Robert Zemeckis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)