Berkline closes shop

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jayn_j

Press On Regardless
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 29, 2003
Sheboygan, WI
Furniture maker Berkline closing in Tenn. | The Asheville Citizen-Times | citizen-times.com

Bad news for those of us building dedicated spaces for HT. Berkline was a cost effective supplier of high quality and comfortable seating.

Fortunately, I had already bought mine a few months ago.

berkline12011_sit.jpg

(BTW, here is a picture of the current state of the theater. Still very much a work in progress)

jayn_j_ht1.jpg

What a nice set up . . . !!!
What movies have you watched there.

Thanks. It is an ongoing process, and small changes happen every week or two. I have a long list of projects before I can call it done though. Epson 8100 projector, Onkyo 706 receiver, Panasonic BD-60 BluRay, Toshiba A-30 HD-DVD and old Klipsch KG4 speakers. Quite happy with the equipment. The projects are things like building a false wall to hide the speakers, an equipment rack to get the stuff out of the way.

We end up watching 1-2 movies a week, mostly BluRay. It is me and 2 teenagers, so the selections range from Pixar to SciFi to dumb comedies.

It looks like Lane is buying up the rights to the imported line 12xxx and 13xxx. It seems unclear whether they will buy the name as well or just rebrand.

Thanks. It is an ongoing process, and small changes happen every week or two. I have a long list of projects before I can call it done though. Epson 8100 projector, Onkyo 706 receiver, Panasonic BD-60 BluRay, Toshiba A-30 HD-DVD and old Klipsch KG4 speakers. Quite happy with the equipment. The projects are things like building a false wall to hide the speakers, an equipment rack to get the stuff out of the way.

We end up watching 1-2 movies a week, mostly BluRay. It is me and 2 teenagers, so the selections range from Pixar to SciFi to dumb comedies.

I thought those were KG4s. I owned a pair for a very short time. VERY efficient, nice speakers, but too bright for my ears.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)