beside 97W, what are other interesting fta sats?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lailanis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
MA
I believe the title explains everything
which are the other fta sats that are interesting, especially sports/soccer and HD
edit: sorry I forgot to mention, I'm talking about KU sats

Thanks

lailanis said:
I believe the title explains everything
which are the other fta sats that are interesting, especially sports/soccer and HD
edit: sorry I forgot to mention, I'm talking about KU sats

Thanks

G17 at 91w is a good one for sports feeds. I also like 105 and 74w for sports. Some good news stuff on 72. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

I was wondering the same thing...
I didn't find any interesting satellite to watch... Still trying Hispasat 1 D I couldn,t find it yet lol...
take care...

Gotta love 125W for the amazing quality of the national PBS-HD feeds, not to mention a few regional PBS networks ;) ...

I know you wanted to know about Ku-Band, but on C-Band (6 foot dish), if you only have a fixed dish, point it at 87W for NASA-HD, MeTV, ThisTV, and some other goodies...

Is there ever anything sports related or anything else worth watching on 93.1 c or ku? seems to be a bird just taking up space. Never found anything of interest on that sucker and it's parked in the perfect location highest in the sky for me in Wisconsin. Thanks.

93 use to be a decent satellite for news feeds and when he was alive old Doc Scott was there. The issue was the satellite there had a malfunction in the junction and everything that was on there moved off. This was Galaxy 26...They moved G25 there (from 97W when they launched G19) but I guess the old "blow up once shame on me blow up twice not on my watch" theory and its not used that much anymore.

As for the numbering and why it looks like why would they launch a satellite with a lower number....any of the G2X sats use to be under the IntelSat Americas name as IA5 & IA6. When Galaxy bought them they just added a "2" in front.
G19 was a galaxy owned sat from the getgo

Depends on what you enjoy watching. 83W has a nice NBC color bars with tone I've been known to watch it for a hour or so. ;)

Thanks Iceberg for the bit of history on the 93 bird. Amazing how little feeds/programming is on some of the birds all day log considering the cost to build, launch, & maintain these things up in space. You would think each and every one would be loaded with stuff all day just to attempt to recover their costs. Satellites are interesting to say the least.

I have parked my modified Dish 500 on 30w because of the random interesting programming. There are frequent american movies with spanish subtitles on the Cuban channels. Also some baseball, soccer, and boxing matches on both the Cuban channels and Telecaribe. Kuwait TV also has lots of English language programming. It was weird to see WWE wrestling on Kuwait TV one day. I remember seeing an episode of How Its Made on one of the Syrian channels so I check those as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AMC9 on SV360p

Invacom SNH-031 or WS International ESX521U

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts