besides red zone, what is the point of the sports pack?

AntDogg65

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2008
Nashville, TN
Hey guys,

I recently returned to Dish after a two year hiatus and I'm in love with dish all over again. I love both my 922 and 722 and customer service is still great. The csr sold me on the sports pack with red zone and I get that, but when games are on the other networks there are always blackouts. So after football is over, why should anyone keep the sports pack, especially?

Big 10 network

No longer a fan of Big 10 network, they caused me to miss a OSU game this year. It was only on BTN, they only used 1 channel at that time and in our area of Ohio and only showed the Michigan game. Dish does that with our locals in our part of Ohio also, glad I have OTA for locals in HD because on dish (sd locals) our hometown station will have a college game from the west coast on the air, with my antenna my same local station has OSU game on.

Last edited:
why keep it?
-depending on area, you may get additional pro games with it
-college sports...especially if you are a hockey fan
-big10 network if you're not in a big 10 state (big10 is included as a rsn in bog10 states)
-espn classic

You might be able to catch post game shows that are often scheduled before the games conclusion. Other than that, Redzone is the only saving grace. For Hockey fans, Sports Pack is $120 a year - Center Ice is only about $20 more.

For me it's only the Red Zone channel. I would sub to that by itself and have never had any interest in what else is offered. Hope I'm not missing something but so far this thread hasn't enlightened me to anything interesting. RedZone with Scott Hansen Rocks! especially on days when my Jaguars are blacked out.

For Hockey fans, Sports Pack is $120 a year - Center Ice is only about $20 more.

huh? Games are blacked out on the sports pack so that does not good. College hockey is not blacked out so folks get it from October to March...42 bucks and worth it.

You might be able to catch post game shows that are often scheduled before the games conclusion. Other than that, Redzone is the only saving grace. For Hockey fans, Sports Pack is $120 a year - Center Ice is only about $20 more.

Yep, Redskins postgame is the only thing that I've used the extra channels for. There's a pregame too I should check out, I guess. I've seen some coaches shows for college, etc, that you might like if you were as ardent a fan of those sports as I am of NFL, but that's pushing it.

Red Zone's worth $7 a month easily, but past the NFL season, um... /crickets

Due to the sports package I had the option today to watch the following additional college football games that were not available on FOXSW: 1. Cinncinatti @ Connecticutt; 2. Indiana @ Purdue; 3. Hawaii @ New Mexico; 4. Washington @ California; and 5.Iowa @ Minnisotta. This was a slow week due to many college teams in the FCS having finished their seasons as the playoffs begin. I also had the opportunity to watch the following additional college basketball games: 1. Duke vs Oregon; 2. Marshall @ Louisville; 3. Fairleigh Dickerson @ North Carolina State; 4. VMI @ West Virginia; 5. Purdue vs Richmond; 6. Marquette @ Wisconcin-Milwaukee; 7. Weber St vs Drake; and 8 Arizona St vs St John. I also had the opportunity to watch woman's college volleyball and high school championship football. The additional college basketball, volleyball, and hockey will continue to grow through the spring. In the spring college baseball takes off.

Yep, I live in Tennessee and every time I turn it to one of the sports pack channels, I get the blackout from hell. So its decided, after football, I will get rid of it. Thanks guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts