322 to 722K Question

mixz1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Cancun, Mexico
Forgive the cross posting, but I posted this in Technical Discussions several days ago and have yet to get an answer. Is the question too dumb? At any rate, here it is again:

I have a 322G receiver fed by a 1.2 meter dish with 2 LNBs looking at 119 and 110. I want to upgrade to an HD receiver and a 1.8 meter dish, but I need to do this in 2 separate steps due to the costs involved.

If I bring a 722K with a valid SmartCard down from the States can I swap it out with the 322G, connector for connector? I would then do the dish swap the following month.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Where are you living that you need such a big dish? Just curious. If you have the receiver, it will match up well enough. Only possible difference is connection to tv1. Use hdmi if you have it. Also make sure you follow all the instructions for setting up the receiver. Mainly just a check switch (menu,6,1,1,check switch, test) and getting current software. Depends on whether your receiver is new or not.

Now I am not positive, but I have not heard of any reasons that a receiver from the US would not work somewhere else especially since you already have one.

Thanks for the reply. I was not worried about a US purchased receiver working here in Cancun. Both of the 322 receivers I have down here were plug and play. My main concern was if I had to change anything on the roof before I plugged in the 722K. And the HDMI for Set 1 is good news. Reading your answer indicates I can use my existing antenna until I get the 1.8 meter antenna. Reason for change is they've reduced the error correction on the new satellite at 119 W, so rain fade happens earlier than before. Also, with my recent purchase of two large LED flat screens, I'd like to get as much HD as I can. My dual LNB setup sees 110 W and it has some HD content. After the new dish is installed I'll see what else I can find, perhaps E*6?. Again, thanks for the reply.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Sidebar