Best Bang for Buck

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jfchawk

Original poster
Dec 27, 2019
3833 S. Baja Way
I currently have 3 tv's in main residence, a vip 722 & vip 612. Also 1 tv at secondary residence w/ vip 612 on separate dish but 1 account for both places costing just an extra hd receiver. Is this the best set up? I am at secondary frequently while wife is at main residence. Thinking about upgrading to Hopper 3 but believe would sacrifice the secondary dvr to qualify. Any downside at secondary?

If your Hopper is connected to the internet and you have internet at your secondary, you can use a Firestick with Dish Anywhere to do almost everything a Joey does
Two things I don’t like about the fire stick: 1. You cannot key in channel numbers directly, you have to scroll up or down through the guide. 2. ( the biggest pain) Having to reauthorize it with your Dish account every month or so.

Two things I don’t like about the fire stick: 1. You cannot key in channel numbers directly, you have to scroll up or down through the guide. 2. ( the biggest pain) Having to reauthorize it with your Dish account every month or so.
The first I can live with.

The reauthorizing is a pain in the behind. And it seems to happen every few weeks sporadically which is even worse than once a month.

You can enter the numbers but it is a pain.

Reactions: Cypresstree
How about a Wally with an EHD instead of the Firestick? It would be a little more cost upfront and monthly but would be a much better experience than streaming outside the home network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)