Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
This past Christmas fell in love again with Best Buy as they started offering price matching. All the shopping I did for Christmas and our SatelliteGuys Holiday Party was done at Best Buy.

So my wife's 3 year old laptop was having issues so I decided to get her a new laptop, so I headed on down to Best Buy and selected the one I thought was best for her then cheked on my phone and found the same laptop for $100 less on Amazon.. I was happy!

So went to check out and they refused to honor the Amazon Price saying they do not price match prices from the Amazon Marketplace. I didn't get it if I ordered it through Amazon, I order it through the Amazon website, it does not take me to another external website. And it is shipped by Amazon. I could see if when I went to order it took me to another website, but in this case it did not. Like most Amazon products it said "In stock, sold by: The name of the company" It was even an Amazon Prime item.

A majority of the products I order from Amazon are like this.

So instead I ordered it from Amazon and got it the next day for only $3.99 more.

Another loss for Best Buy. Guess I will stop shopping there again.

I have to agree. Had a little different scenario recently at BB. Went there to see if they would price match a Yamaha receiver from Newegg. Took ~20 minutes just to get someone to help me. Finally after some checking, they agreed to price match. Salesperson is having issue with her internet connection in the electronics area. Walks me up to customer service to finish the transaction. They then come back and tell me it's a special order. Will take 2 months. They couldn't tell me that 40 minutes ago? I check the website myself. Nowhere did it state anything about a special order. I called BB's 1800 number and asked about the receiver. They checked and told me I can have it shipped to my house in a week or so. Forget it. They already wasted too much of my time. A week later, Amazon has it for the same low price. Ordered and received in a few days. Only time I purchase at Bestbuy is if there's something I want in my hands that day and they price match. Which is usually only around the holidays. I can wait a few days for an Amazon order.

Last edited:
On the other hand, Amazon is friggin awesome! I bought a Panasonic TC-P42S60 from them a few weeks back for $659.99. Today, Sears has it for $399.99. Amazon refunded the difference!

I like the inexpensive shipping option from Amazon. I will be ordering a Linksys powerline ethernet adapter/switch later this week to replace my aging wifi router/bridge done with 3rd party firmware that is very finicky when it loses power.

On the other hand, Amazon is friggin awesome! I bought a Panasonic TC-P42S60 from them a few weeks back for $659.99. Today, Sears has it for $399.99. Amazon refunded the difference!

This is one of the many reasons I love Amazon.

The thing that Best Buy is REALLY missing out here is when I was in the store, while I would price match, I would normally leave the store with more then I intended to buy when I walked into the store.

If I am not going to be going in their stores anymore because they won't properly price match things from Amazon they they are losing out on those extra sales as well.

So very true Scott!

So true Scott and if Best Buy doesn't start changing and doing that I agree they will be out of business soon :)

I really do not mess with best buy anymore. In fact I get most of my electronics online. I just feel that you get better bargains online then you get in some of these retail stores. As far as i am concerned, online shopping is my new special hobby.

Frys for me is where I go for my local shopping.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

MicroCenter, if you're lucky enough to have one nearby.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)