Best C/KU combo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Ok guys im wramping up for a KU/C setup.

Prereqs. One dish.

Very big size

Under a grand if possible.

Must be able to get very weak KU feeds and all if not most C feeds with near none rainfade.

Motor is a must and if possible track the entire arch from horizon to horizon.

Ok guys GO :)

Proposed shopping list

Well, good that you asked.

I would think, based on recent posts, that the Paraclipse 10 or 12 foot dish (a real battle-tank), plus the big AJAK H-H motor would fit the bill.
I let one slip through my fingers a while back, and now after seeing Stogie's recent thread on installing his, I'm really kicking myself.

Another equal choice, would be the Birdview 8½ spun-aluminum (solid or perf), with its normally-included H-H motor .
Linuxman has popularized these old war-wagons, in his recent exploits.

Maybe outfit either with a Bullseye II (both C and Ku) along with two C-band and two Ku-band LNBs, and a 4x4 or 4x8 powered switch.

Oh, and a Gbox from Sadoun to drive it all, if you want to run it on a modern DVB receiver (as opposed to an old Analog or 4DTV box).

Careful shopping should be able to get that going for your kilobuck budget.
Used equipment for some of the major components, of course.

I'm sure our more experienced and professional members will have better ideas. ;)

Bob you might want to read in the cband section the many problems that folks have had with Ku on the bigger dishes. What I read is its danged near impossible to get perfect c/Ku on a big dish. Which is why I'd get a nice cband dish ( after messing with this Paraclipse I'd find a Birdview if I could, the H-to-H motor is SWEET, regardless), and a nice Ku motorized setup with 1m or 1.2 CM/P* dish for that. its been a LONG time since I found a Ku signal I couldn't lock and watch with my 1m dishes that wasn't related to weather or to the lack of good dish/motor installation on my part. :)

From what I'm reading, the best solution for C/Ku on the same dish is a Corotor, as opposed to some of the new voltage switching dual polarity LNBs. It seems that you can either get a sweet signal on C or Ku, but not both at the same time. This might be true also (but to a lesser extent) on the Corotor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts