Best Deal for Re-subscribing?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

endswell

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
My girlfriend has been a long-time subscriber and hasn't upgraded along the way, so she has old equipment - no dvr and no HD. I would like to help her upgrade to HD, an HR34 and one other HD receiver. What's the best approach anyone has experienced in getting the equipment and programming at the lowest cost? Should she call and say she is going to Dish or just be up-front and tell them she wants the best deal possible? I think she has the equivalent of Choice right now, and it would be nice to go to Choice XTRA unless there is an advantage to going with something else. Thanks.

call Directv and speak to retention....(when the system asks what do you want to do say cancel cancel..you'll get to retention)
Basically tell them you are looking to upgrade and you've seen what Dish has out there.

They'll usually treat ya right. Obviously she is out of contract and as long as she pays the bills on time they should offer her a pretty decent deal

I called the other day asking about the price increase. I casually mentioned that Dish had sent a mailer, wanting to get me back as a customer.
Anyway, to make a long story short, they offered me free DVR and Whole Home for 12 months, and $5 off of HBO, $5.00 off of Cinemax, $5.00 off of Starz, $5.00 off of Showtime, and $10.00 off of the Sports Pack each month for 6 months. Works out to about $42 off per month for 6 months then $11 thereafter.
He said to call back in 6 months when the premium channel discount ends, and see what else they might could do then.

start with retention, explain what you want
if they will not budge email the office of the president
remember, be polite, dont demand, just ask

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts