Best deal on HD for a new Customer

J-Rod

Dec 19, 2005
Howdy,

I've been a lurker, and decided to register to aska few questions. Please bear with me if these are n00b questions.

I'm moving to a new location, and our previous satellite was in my wife's maiden name.

So, I now have the opportunity to go with a new setup as a new customer of either provider. So, I'm looking at my options.

I have a 65" HD TV, so HD is one of the things I am interested in having. NFL or sports related programming in HD is not a priority.

So, my questions are as follows:

With the choice of either system as a new customer would you use DirecTV or Dish?

I have seen posts about Dish not having as "sweet" a deal as DTV. So, is it possible to contact Dish to get a better deal? If so, what group should I contact, and what is the best deal I can hope to land?

To boil it down, I'm looking to get the most bang for the least buck :) . So, any insight or tips you might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Kandiru

SatelliteGuys Guru
Dec 1, 2005
How about fishin on ebay for an 811 and Dish1000 for total $250, then paying $20 ($5 for HDPak, $10 for Voom, and $5 ripoff access fee) per month?

I did this. Lurk on ebay, deals will come up daily. Within a week you will have your equipment. Make sure "no outstanding balance" is clearly stated in the receiver ad, and seller has good FB.

J-Rod

Dec 19, 2005
Kandiru said:
How about fishin on ebay for an 811 and Dish1000 for total $250, then paying $20 ($5 for HDPak, $10 for Voom, and $5 ripoff access fee) per month?
I did this. Lurk on ebay, deals will come up daily. Within a week you will have your equipment. Make sure "no outstanding balance" is clearly stated in the receiver ad, and seller has good FB.

Thanks, but I'm not really interested in trying to score a reciever on ebay. I'm really looking for a new reciever preferably a DVR, and I'm looking for it as cheap (as in free) as I can as a new install. Direc seems to have a better offer than Dish, but Dish has more HD content (even though it appears they may have downrezzed it).

Just looking at my options.... Any advice is always appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)