Best deal with no commitment?

bgee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 19, 2009
Albany NY
I'm looking to start Dish or DirecTV satellite service but don't want to make a long term commitment/contract. What are the best deals to do this with a reasonable selection of channels? When I last was a Dish customer 4 years ago, they had an inexpensive a la carte plan they didn't publicize much but not sure they offer that now. Any helpful advice on current non-contract offerings from either provider appreciated.

So you need to sign a contract either way. You need a commitment to get a deal.
Is this statement on reviews.org therefore inaccurate? "DISH does give you the option to live without a contract so you have the freedom to cancel your service anytime. If you’re not into that long-term commitment, you’ll just have to pay that $10–$15 more month to month."

Reactions: charlesrshell
The Flex pack is the best package with add on packages for speciality genre. But you will pay retail with no deals unless you sign a contract. Plus you will pay for installation. Sign the contract or just stream. Check out Sling and Youtube TV.

Is this statement on reviews.org therefore inaccurate? "DISH does give you the option to live without a contract so you have the freedom to cancel your service anytime. If you’re not into that long-term commitment, you’ll just have to pay that $10–$15 more month to month."
You can do a pay as you go account which means no commitment. You’re open to any channel package that they have. You’re just not bound to a two-year contract. I don’t think it’s gonna save you any money other than whichever channel package you choose.

They left out the small matter of needing to purchase your own equipment and either self install or pay for a professional installation.