Best / Easiest way to cancel?

Weezknight

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Philly 'Burbs, PA
For anyone who has canceled Dish in the past, is there a special number that makes the whole process painless, or do I need to just take my chances with the regular number? I've heard some horror stories about cancellations going badly, and I'd rather avoid any sort of problems.

When given the option, say cancel service. Opposite of horror stories they will probably through everything at your to stay...which you might want to consider.

Thanks KAB. I just called the regular number. I got someone who spoke fluent English, so it was a quick and painless separation. They offered me 3 free months of Setanta Sports since I mentioned GolTV as one of the reasons for leaving. I declined, though, since at the end of the 3 months GolTV still won't be around and Setanta would then cost me $15.00/month.

If you have receivers to send back make sure you take photos of the boxes you are sending back and pictures of the labels you are sending them back with. If they ever claim you didn't send them back you have the proof.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)