Captive Works CW-600S
nice unit but no blind scan. A must for any true FTA hobbyist

Coolsat 5000 Pro Digital Satellitep
my favorite of the list. Fast blind scan and easy to operate

Pansat 3500S Digital Video Broadcasting Satellite Receiver
Pansat 3500SD Digital Video Broadcasting Satellite Receiver\
same unit. Its a nice unit. That would be my 2nd favorite of the list

Viewsat XTREME VS 2000 FTA Digital satellite Receiver

havent used this one before. Used the older model and didnt like the interface for setting it up with a motor...real hard to set up

Ice is right, the 5000 pro would be the clear winner there. I had the 3500 and it is a good unit but blind scan is faster on the Coolsat 5000 and since it has complete AC3 support and component output now, that is the way to go.

farooq said:
I wnt to buy a fta reciver and i need help choosing from these:

Pansat 3500S Digital Video Broadcasting Satellite Receiver
Pansat 3500SD Digital Video Broadcasting Satellite Receiver\

Can anyone tell me wich one is the best out of these and why is it the best
TNx I apreciate it

The Pansat 3500 can't scan below 2800 Symbol Rate.

Saludos
Hiebert

hiebert said:
The Pansat 3500 can't scan below 2800 Symbol Rate.

Saludos
Hiebert

since when?

I was able to scan in KUIL on AMC4 (and the SR is 2170) and a couple others :)

I know I've even see it scan a sr of 1499

Iceberg said:
since when?

I was able to scan in KUIL on AMC4 (and the SR is 2170) and a couple others :)

I know I've even see it scan a sr of 1499

Iceberg
In smart scan mode, or only in TP scan. In TP scan not problem, but in smart scan not chances. I know from other guys they have the same problem.
The best smart scan have the 2700A and the 5000HC, but slow, the Satwork is very faster and it's also very good, skip some more TP, then the PANSAT.
The COOLSAT 4000 pro is very fast, but skip more TP then the PANSAT.

Saludos
Hiebert

Coolsat 5000 killed my Pansat 3500s hands down. Infact, the 3500s is gone to a worker of mine.

Now just waiting on the Coolsat HD FTA, if it ever gets released.. :rolleyes:

Same for my Viewsat Extreme

I have a Viewsat Extreme that I bought BEFORE I found this forum. I cannot recommend it due to some buggy firmware they have, although the PQ, response time and channel changing response time is excellent on the set. Channels change IMMEDIATELY!

If Coolsat comes with a decently priced HD set, I would Ebay the Viewsat in a flash. I bet we are just around the corner from a slew of new receiver releases.

Hoping for another firmware upgrade from Viewsat SOON. it shouldn't be too hard to insert a % or numerical scale in the channel tune screen with the Quality meter. Now the meter just shows a bar, and with no reference numbers (THAT is only in the setup menu). There are also some apparent bugs in the blindsearch and from what I have been told, the USALS needs work too!

Jeff

hiebert said:
Iceberg
In smart scan mode, or only in TP scan.

blind scan mode...

I have used a few blind scan receivers

-Pansat 1500 is slow but gets most of them. Issue is it hangs on data tranponders
-Pansat 6000 is slower than the 1500
-Coolsat 5000 is the fastest. I use "detail" for SR instead of all and it seems to pick up most everything
-Satworks 3688 is nice but it logs too many tranponders. Instead of only adding the new TP's it finds, it adds all of them so if you scan SBS6 10 times, you have ONN Transponder scanned in 10 times. It isnt the fastest either.
-Supposedly the Captiveowrks has a blind scan, but I have yet to see it work right (It reboots the box)

Hey all so you are telling me that the Coolsat 5000 is the best, before the coolsat 5000 i was thinking about the coolsat 4000 with a smart card.

Iceberg said:
-Coolsat 5000 is the fastest. I use "detail" for SR instead of all and it seems to pick up most everything

I did just that, and I picked up alot more feeds, channels, etc........

It does take alot longer to run scan, but I was happy with the results, AMC 6 and Nahuel 1 were scanning in side by side, Nahuel 1 , I didn't even know I could pick up, I must be on the fringe of the footprint and yes the quality signal could be better. thanks for including the info, it helped me get more of everything.

glad to help out :)

The only thing I can think of is how it scans (the steps in the frequencies). I scanned IA6 last night twice..once detail and once normal and it picked up the same but another satellite found 2 more feeds in detail....low signal though

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)