Best HD FTA PVR?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cowpres

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
near San Francisco, CA
My Pansat 9200HD PVR receiver just died. I've been out of the loop for awhile. Just wondering what everyone thinks would be the best receiver to get to replace it with? I NEED a fast blind-scan as I do a lot of wild-feed searching. KU only. HD is a must and I'd like to receive the most FTA channels as I can. Thanks in advance. I was happy with the 9200HD until it died. I'd like PVR capabilities, but not really nessessary.
-cowpres-

If you don't blind scan often my vote goes to the Optibox Anaconda. The Anaconda's picture quality and onscreen graphics are stunning and timer functions work as expected. I couldn't be happier.

Going to a PC card with TS Reader opens new doors to blind-scanning and signal identification and it functions very well as a PVR such that you can even choose the file format of the record. But it is not for everyone. If I were to limit myself to a STB, I would probably experiment with the microHD.

Hello Gents
I recently purchased the Optibox Raptor, this receiver does not have any issues with blind scan at all, it works very good, just like the anaconda it has outstanding graphics and very good picture quality, so far, everything works, haven't try the timer functions yet.
it is capable of using to 2 tuners, Just got my second one on the mail and will try it out soon.
i am happy with it.
Regards.
Chewie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)