Best installs??

n1wbd

Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Grafton,NH
Best install stories????

Now that there is thread about the worst install stories which btw is great reading!! Funny

What was your best installs stories and or recieving "tips" be it $$ or otherwise.

Do you care to share?? :D

For the most part customers are pretty good. Don't get very many tips seems to be most customers don't feel that is needed, and I don't expect it, but it is nice when you get one.

Best customers are one who atleast try to make your job easier. The guy who will go into the crawl space for you cause it is nasty. The customer who knows how all his wiring is run so you don't have to spend an hour figuring it out. Customers that have that big ass entertainment center out so you can work (If you are getting an install done please please please do this, my back is killing me). Basically any customer that don't give you any crap is a good customer.

I was at a customers house the other day when their 19 year hot ass daughter walked out in wearing only a shirt and had a hat covering her bush. She walked out 20 feet into the living room before she noticed i was there then ran back into her room. I guess she didn't know i was there. It must have been laundry day. That was a good install.

Texanmutt said:
I was at a customers house the other day when their 19 year hot ass daughter walked out in wearing only a shirt and had a hat covering her bush. She walked out 20 feet into the living room before she noticed i was there then ran back into her room. I guess she didn't know i was there. It must have been laundry day. That was a good install.

Oh to be young again!! :yes :D :smug

I get good tips when I don't have to charge the customer for activation or equipment, especially when I do a little 'extra' for them.

When they ask what it would cost, I tell them what 'others' would charge (like phone company $75 for phone jack), and then say 'I know you'll treat me right'. And they do.

When I was working for DTV, which customer pay full or partly yhe cost, I uses got tips from customers no matter which company or dealer I work for, the best one I got was $25.00 and as little as few buck. BUT, since work for Dish installation, never get any tips no matter what or how good the installation is, Dish customer seems not as good the customer as DTV.

sksatellite said:
When I was working for DTV, which customer pay full or partly yhe cost, I uses got tips from customers no matter which company or dealer I work for, the best one I got was $25.00 and as little as few buck. BUT, since work for Dish installation, never get any tips no matter what or how good the installation is, Dish customer seems not as good the customer as DTV.

I think that has more to do with the fact that people expect everything for free now.

Best tip was $60 for running a back feed out to the work shop, best non money tips is a tie between the home made hungarian sausage and wine and the promise of marriage to his niece who was soon to come over hahaha, the hunter who liked my work and gave me 20lbs of summer deer sausage and 10lbs of deer jerky, and the customer who gave me a mac computer that they couldnt use. Best house Ive ever worked in was the consulate for the czech republic, aside from the $150,000 on the a/v cabinets there was the incredible 12 person movie theater that looked like it was out of broadway. Female teasers are always great unless its someone old enough to be your grandmother or that resembles maude though thankfully I havent had one of them yet.

SimpleSimon said:
I get good tips when I don't have to charge the customer for activation or equipment, especially when I do a little 'extra' for them.

When they ask what it would cost, I tell them what 'others' would charge (like phone company $75 for phone jack), and then say 'I know you'll treat me right'. And they do.

Maybe I should clarify the topic thread a bit here folks I was asking for like great or funny install stories NOT your worst customer or install jobs. Your best tips be it money or otherwise?

Did an install in a small town in Iowa a year or so ago, when I got there about 9:00 a.m the lady had a nice little breakfeast laid out (Donuts, croisants, homemade bread and all sorts of juices) Then come lunch time she offerred homemade pizza. Husband cam home after lucnh, he was a deputy sherriff, gave me a $100.00 bucks for an additional phone line and rerouting the cables that he had installed. The best tip was when on my way home I drove by him sitting on a corner ( I did'nt know it was him) and as I happened to be doing 20 over the speed limit, he popped his lights on and as I pulled over he drove by, waved and motioned me to slow down. Now that is what I have always considered my best customer.

Lady was 26, her hubby was 40. I came over she took the tight spandex pants off and put on those short umbral shorts with no panties and a sports bra and called me back 3 times for additional work averaging about $120 I eventually had to tell her I was sorry I flirted with her the first time because I thought she was his daughter and I was married even though she said that didnt matter

PS. Long Long ago and my flirt was actually a misunderstanding on her part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)