Best Media Player Plug-In??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
Is there any consensus on what the best media player plugin to use? I NEED something capable of file tagging at whatever "last place" I might be if I have to exit watching a file early. Then it would have to be able to "Jump To" that place later. I also need a 30 second jump forward or back capability. Just like the old MicroHD could do. The default media player doesn't seem to have those, unless they are hidden functions?

Maybe Kodi? But I'm probably one of the very few people left that have never used Kodi all that much as of yet, so I don't know if it can do all that. They are probably about 10 generations past where I last used it 4 years ago, lol.

What's the best forum site to study up on Kodi, and figure it out?

Last edited:
Is there any consensus on what the best media player plugin to use? I NEED something capable of file tagging at whatever "last place" I might be if I have to exit watching a file early. Then it would have to be able to "Jump To" that place later. I also need a 30 second jump forward or back capability. Just like the old MicroHD could do. The default media player doesn't seem to have those, unless they are hidden functions?

Maybe Kodi? But I'm probably one of the very few people left that have never used Kodi all that much as of yet, so I don't know if it can do all that. They are probably about 10 generations past where I last used it 4 years ago, lol.

What's the best forum site to study up on Kodi, and figure it out?
While in media player press the help button. You can seek forward and back with the 1,4,7& 3,6,9 buttons. Customize the times in the Expert settings/record menu. I never used kodi,never had unlimited internet here for streaming services.