BEST motorized Satellite dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wikkidinsane

Original poster
Jun 21, 2008
Good morning, nice forum youg uys have going here. I am about to purchase my first Dish and receive and i just wanted some great feedback because im a noobie. I want to get a motorized setup, and one of my friends who has this setup will help me install. I am in the U.S. and i want all the free channels in the U.S. an caribbean mostly, basically i want all the free channels in the world that i can get. My budget for a dish is $350 -$400. I already picked the receiver i am going to get: Viewsat Pro. What is the best motorized dish i can get that will support two TV's and pick up a lot of channels? Thanks for feedback. :up

can I ask why you picked the Viewsat pro? There are lots of other boxes out there that imo work better

if you're looking for a C-Band/KU Band setup for a dish, check out sadoun. They have motorized 6 or 8 foot dishes. If you're just looking for KU Band, a motorized system is a couple hundred bucks for a 36" dish/good motor setup

What receiver would you suggest? Am i going to get both circular and linear lnbs with this?

It really depends on what you want to watch. A C band dish will get you a lot more channels that just a KU dish, but the it depends on the space you have to mount a dish, as a C-band dish will be at least 6 feet.

Circular LNBs are pretty much useless in FTA unless you can't do without your NASA. Check out the list at the top of the website, it shows whats FTA on both bands.

I want both Ku and c-band . I want to watch mostly U.S. and carribean broadcasting, but i wouldn't mind tuning into europe or africa

I want both Ku and c-band . I want to watch mostly U.S. and carribean broadcasting, but i wouldn't mind tuning into europe or africa

You are not going to be able to get satellites from Europe or Africa from the U.S. They are not viewable in the U.S. sky. Click on "The List" at the top of this page to see what's available in North America.

not on the USA mainland ?

You've said "Caribbean" twice, so I'm going to assume you are located there.
If so, say so.
Give us a zip code, a City/State/Country, or longitude and latitude.
There may be problems with some satellites covering that area (I don't know, but you should ask).
At the very least, you might need a bigger dish (for Ku)

Now, if you actually want C-band AND Ku band, that's a whole 'nother matter.
Shipment of a large dish to your area may be a major concern.

What do the locals have and use for their dishes?
You didn't come to the decision to pay $350 to $400 without a reason.
Most of us would think that budget outrageous for Ku-only, even with a nice LNB and a motor. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)