Best mount for fascia or soffit

ActionAl

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2015
SE Wisconsin
As I prep my house for a Dish install, I'd like to have the mounting area prepared so the installer has no issues and I won't have any issues with access in the winter if I need to clear snow/ice. The pictures below show the area I'd like locate the dish. I'd prefer that the dish be below the higher roofline.
Dish-Location1-web v2.jpg
Dish Location.gif

I checked LOS with Satellite AR, and it's clear. I also prefer this location due to it being hidden from the street. I don't want an under gutter mount or has anything attached to shingles. A ground based tripod is out of the question due to trees and tall shrubs.

Will this area work?

If it is, and as long as I beef up the area behind the fascia, will that be enough?

Will the installer have an appropriate mount for fascia or soffit? Or is there a mount I should provide?

I also appreciate any pictures of similar mounting .

The area looks fine. I'd consider mounting directly on your siding, in a stud, directly above your flood lights, or anywhere in that general area. Fascia mount under the gutter will work, as long as you hit a truss end with two of the bolts. IMHO

The installer will the appropriate mount.

Looks Good for a Dish. My old house had a Dish mounted similarly, so I do not see to many problems there. As Dah-Henny mentioned, the tech will get you set up with the apporpriate mount. Also, I sent you a PM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts