Best new customer pricing

Marti9901

Original poster
May 14, 2014
Houston
Im considering making the switch to DISH. Who should I contact for the best offers? Is it better to contact DISH directly or one of the 3rd party retailers?

It really doesn't matter. Some companies offer gift cards or other things if you sign up but the promotions are the same no matter who you get Dish through.

Does it matter as far as installing is concerned? Im new here but I read some posts about DISH installers vs 3rd party installers.

Sometimes it can matter. If you call Dish or a number from a direct mail piece you will not have a clue who is going to do your install. If you happen to have a local retailer that does install I would recommend them. At least you'll have a person you can talk to if you have any issues.

Some people really swear by using a reseller. They are usually resellers themselves. Personally, I prefer dealing directly with Dish.
They have some pretty good deals right now:
Capture.JPG

Every company selling Dish is stuck with offering the same exact promotions. The only thing they can do different is offer something extra like a gift card. Those extra offers would come out of that companies pocket though. Other than that there really is not benefit of signing up through Dish directly. What you want to pay attention to is the service after the sale and a retailer can give better service. Obviously not every retailer is the same though.

Just make sure the retailer actually does the installs. Many, dare I say most, are just order takers, passing on the order to Dish.

Many think they're dealing directly with dish when they call the number that came from the daily pile of junk mail. 1 of the worst offenders is headquartered right there in Houston. If you want to deal straight thru dish get the number off their site.

Im considering making the switch to DISH. Who should I contact for the best offers? Is it better to contact DISH directly or one of the 3rd party retailers?

One of the big things I hear about (I work at Dish, in a call center) are the customers that sign up through a retailer, and aren't correctly informed of the $49 charge a lot of retailers charge to set up the account. They are supposed to disclose that to customers...but customers either forget, or are misled.

I also, over time, have dealt with a lot of customers who were told big stories by retailers, about what channels their package will have, or the actual monthly costs. I've also heard about our inside sales people not disclosing proper info, but not like I hear about the resellers.

All this said, this is likely not going to apply to the good retailers/resellers. I can just say, the majority of the bad complaints come from 3-5 of the biggest resellers, two of which send most of the junk mail flyers that come with the coupons I get in the mail, or in the Sunday paper.

(Disclaimer: As a Dish employee, the opinions here are my own, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)

One of the big things I hear about (I work at Dish, in a call center) are the customers that sign up through a retailer, and aren't correctly informed of the $49 charge a lot of retailers charge to set up the account. They are supposed to disclose that to customers...but customers either forget, or are misled.

I also, over time, have dealt with a lot of customers who were told big stories by retailers, about what channels their package will have, or the actual monthly costs. I've also heard about our inside sales people not disclosing proper info, but not like I hear about the resellers.

All this said, this is likely not going to apply to the good retailers/resellers. I can just say, the majority of the bad complaints come from 3-5 of the biggest resellers, two of which send most of the junk mail flyers that come with the coupons I get in the mail, or in the Sunday paper.

(Disclaimer: As a Dish employee, the opinions here are my own, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)

What you're describing happens with anyone that sells Dish or any pay TV provider. It doesn't matter if it's directly from Dish, a 3rd party or a retailer. I know of plenty crappy retailers that don't keep up on current promotions or only care about making sales. I also get get tons of complaints about people being misinformed by CSRs.

The best thing you can do is educate yourself on the the equipment and programming are. Search online and ask questions on here, obviously this is the best site for info. Ask people in your area who they got their Dish from. If you know their is a good retailer in the area that offers service then that would be the best choice. If there isn't one then I would talk to DIRT on here.

A local retailer that doesn't charge shipping or activation and does their own installs, service calls and support is by far the best way to go. Some even offer gift cards and extra goodies. And third party contracts for termination fees are no longer allowed by Dish.

Last edited:
Better than calling Dish, email a member of DIRT (Dish Internet Response Team). They are employees of Dish who monitor this forum. I think you need 3 posts before you can pm one of them. Their names are in Red at the bottom of the very first page of the forum, not the sub forums.
They are incredible helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts