Best S-Video Quality Output in fta boxes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

capsmvp

Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Hello,

I am curious about which fta hd box has the best picture quality converting to standard 480i via the s-video output.

I currently have the Pansat 9200hd and the Sonicview HD8000. I really like to archive high bitrate hd sports feeds to my dvd recorder. I used to also have the Integra 912s, which went belly-up.

My experiences:

The Integra recorded really nice, sharp images in 1080i content, but created jagged edges with 720p.

The Pansat 9200hd creates a sharp (but not as sharp) as the Integra in 1080i, but it has all these weird artifacts that is creates (wigly lines during Sunday Night football and hockey). Not as clean as I hoped that it would be. 720p is very good, imo.

The Sonicview HD8000 is the worst box I've used from the s-video port. It is using a much lower resolution, which makes its hd to sd output blurred.

What is the resulting hd sports to standard output like with other boxes: Viewsat, Neusat, Coolsat, ect.

I am curious, and I know this is not a topic that is discussed often.

Thanks,
Jason

This is my opinion and I think some people are going to laugh. Of the receivers I have owned, my Fortec Lifetime Ultra receiver was the best on S-Video.

This is in comparison to my Pansat 2700a and 9200HD boxes.

I have a nearly 10 year old Viacast Quantum DVB receiver and as primitive as it is has pretty exceptional pic quality.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts