best satellite for KU channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cheito

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 23, 2009
usa
need help hope i am in the right section i have a 31" dish with a universal lnb (10750-10600) i live in orlando fl. i hit 97w (galaxy-19) i think it is and they have to much abrabian and all sorts of internatinal channels could you let me know whats the best fta satellite out there where i can get some usa channels i know there is not a lot but just trying to see who knows thanks.

TheList - Link is on every page here.
Mike Kohls lists at Mpeg Central http://www.global-cm.net/mpeg2central.html
sathint.com Lyngsat.com
Got to admit, most my channel watching is on C band, but for ku I'd suggest AMC 21 @ 125W<<Requires a DVB-S2 receiver. 101W SES1 Pentagon Ch. 83W AMC9 RTV mux, 101W AMC1**<<for more than the beach cam you'll also need a DVB-S2 receiver.
BTW: Universal Ku lnbf are 9750-10600, What receiver?
**AMC1 Ku skew is ~25° CW, from where it should be, when facing the dish face.

thanks for replying i have a viewsat ultra fta reciver so amc is what you recomed ???

need help hope i am in the right section i have a 31" dish with a universal lnb (10750-10600) i live in orlando fl. i hit 97w (galaxy-19) i think it is and they have to much abrabian and all sorts of internatinal channels could you let me know whats the best fta satellite out there where i can get some usa channels i know there is not a lot but just trying to see who knows thanks.
i am sorry !!! i hope i am in right thread if i wasent sorry i just dident notice it

You're in the right forum :) In addition to FaT Air's suggestions, you can get CCTV (one news channel and one documentary channel in English) on 95W. A DVB-S2 receiver would really help you on Ku-band (you get a lot of PBS stations and feeds on 125W, some programs often before your local station airs them). If you had to stick to DVB-S and one satellite, I'd probably just go with 97W. Yes, most of it is religious or foreign language programming, but you can get good English language programs on KTV2 and Ebru TV. From time to time, you'll also see some programs on NITV and Oman TV!

could you let me know whats the best fta satellite out there where i can get some usa channels

Depends what kind of programming you like (occasional or full time). All I know from your request is you don't like international channels so we need to find out more what your tastes are.

If I had to settle on just one Ku sat, it'd be 125w for the PBS feeds. You'd also get Oklahoma PBS OETA HD and OKLA and Montana PBS in SD.

If I had to settle on just one Ku sat, it'd be 125w for the PBS feeds. You'd also get Oklahoma PBS OETA HD and OKLA and Montana PBS in SD.

Yep that is where my 1.2 Meter is pointed at, since I really don't care about the NBC feeds.

i have a 31" dish with a universal lnb (10750-10600) i live in orlando fl.
i hit 97w (galaxy-19) i think it is and they have to much abrabian and all sorts of internatinal channels
could you let me know whats the best fta satellite out there where i can get some usa channels
i know there is not a lot but just trying to see who knows thanks.
Still waiting to hear what sort of programming you are looking for.
Living in Orlando, I would assume you have all the network, PBS , and independent channels already.
(I certainly do, here in Los Angeles) :)

One thing you might not have heard about is the satellite at 30 west.
While most programming is Spanish, out of Cuba, on weekend nights they run new American DVD movies.
They're in English, but they turn on Spanish subtitles. ;)
You'll have to find a thread with more details; that bird is too far east for me to receive.

For me is 85/87/91/103/105ku for the wild news/sports feeds... always fun.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts