Best sports tirades of all-time?

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Rasheed Wallace's recent tirade on the officiating in last night's game (which got him fined 25 grand) was another of the great sports rants and tirades.

With that in mind,

what do you consider the best sports tirades of all-time?

I have to go with Jim Mora.

One simple word:

Playoffs?!

Two others come to mind:

Allen Iverson: "................we're talking about practice!"

Dennis Green: "The Bears are who we thought they were!"

Ah yes, one of my favorite subjects!

Folks, I've heard them all and I can assure you that two stand head and shoulders above the rest:

Earl Weaver ''Manager's Corner'' tirade

Lee Elia's rant to reporters about jobless day baseball fans and lack of media support

Head over to youtube because both are must listen material.

Ah yes, one of my favorite subjects!

Folks, I've heard them all and I can assure you that two stand head and shoulders above the rest:

Earl Weaver ''Manager's Corner'' tirade

Lee Elia's rant to reporters about jobless day baseball fans and lack of media support

Head over to youtube because both are must listen material.

How about Tommy Lasorda :D http://www.dodgerblues.com/images/lasorda-rau.mp3

They just had the 25th anniversary of Lee Ellia's tirade as manager of the 1983 Chicago Cubs. Where he cursed out all the unemployed fans that went to day games and booed the team.....ooops someone beat me to it. Nevermind.

Rasheed Wallace's recent tirade on the officiating in last night's game (which got him fined 25 grand) was another of the great sports rants and tirades.

With that in mind,

what do you consider the best sports tirades of all-time?

I have to go with Jim Mora.

One simple word:

Playoffs?!

Bob Knight going off on his IU team after the loss to Purdue, don't remember the year, some time ago though.

How about Temple coach John Chaney bursting into UMass coach John Calipari's press conference threatening to kill him?

On a side note to the Jim Mora "PLAYOFFS" tridae...

It was a reporter from my station, WRTV, that asked the question that set him off. His name was Chris Flannigan. Where he is now, I have no idea!!!...:hatsoff:

Jim Mora was great at exploding at press conferences. Does anybody remember when he had that ref doll down in New Orleans when you could pull it apart and throw the pieces. He is a classic the NFL needs coaches like him and Jerry Glanvill in the league makes keeps it lively.

I agree with db2 with the lee elia's tirade. I thought it was one of the best as well as Jim Mora's "Playoffs" tirade. How could you not like that one?

How about this gem?
eheheh.gif

2003_10_zimmer.jpg

1100706901_5904.jpg

Zimmer bites the grass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)