Best sports tirades of all-time?

Ah yes, one of my favorite subjects!

Folks, I've heard them all and I can assure you that two stand head and shoulders above the rest:

Earl Weaver ''Manager's Corner'' tirade

Lee Elia's rant to reporters about jobless day baseball fans and lack of media support

Head over to youtube because both are must listen material.
Yes.. I have heard the uncensored version of that and it is hands-down the greatest tirade of all time. It was insulting, funny, and full of swears. The trifecta of a great rant.

Another side note to the Jim Mora rant, the reason why it holds a special place in my heart is that it happened after they lost to the 49ers (my favorite team.)

Not a rant per se, but I still get a kick out of that obnoxious moron Jim Rome getting the crap kicked out of him by Jim Everett (calling him Chris, aka the ladies' tennis player)

Not a rant per se, but I still get a kick out of that obnoxious moron Jim Rome getting the crap kicked out of him by Jim Everett (calling him Chris, aka the ladies' tennis player)

That's classic.:D

There was an all-time tirade by Mariners manager John McLaren after today's game vs. the Angels. I just saw it on ESPN and McLaren threw out multiple f bombs during his meltdown.

BTW, I give McLaren no longer than a week before he loses his job. Just a feeling I have.

Two others come to mind:

Allen Iverson: "................we're talking about practice!"

Dennis Green: "The Bears are who we thought they were!"

This is what I posted 13 years ago. We are due for an iconic sports tirade moment.

Tirade? Don Cherry is Don Cherry, and his take on the ridiculous bench clearing brawl in the '87 World Juniors between Canada and the Soviet Union, which led to Canada being DQ'd (USSR too, but they weren't making the knockout round) from the tournament, was quite the Don Cherry type rant. The brawl (which gets very dirty!) is for the first ten minutes (including when they turned off the lights while it was on-going), and after that Cherry trying to defend Canada's actions, which really weren't all that necessary in the first place, and instead of heading to the knockout, they were kicked out when they allowed some stupid instigation to lead to madness on the ice.

Reactions: BillD1984
You guys revived a 13 year old thread ?
bbs.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)