Best Time To Call_biling question

flody1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 26, 2005
Il. USA
Hi , I just got dish. Set up autopay and made 1st 2 month payment using vitual account #. The # didn't work for 3rd month payment ?? Called last night ( think india ?? ) , he didn't know what a virtual # was. Took a new card # said all was good. Should I call to check during the week 9-5 or not. thanks:confused:

Hi , I just got dish. Set up autopay and made 1st 2 month payment using vitual account #. The # didn't work for 3rd month payment ?? Called last night ( think india ?? ) , he didn't know what a virtual # was. Took a new card # said all was good. Should I call to check during the week 9-5 or not. thanks:confused:

I use virtual numbers all the time - very safe. I don't know what carrier you use, but I use Citibank. When a number is issued, the default is that it is good only for the one you issued it to and can be used until the expiration date which is usually the end of the next month. Consequently, the payee can only use the number twice. My card has the option to set a $ limit and/or a time limit.

You could set a time limit for 6 months or a year and the only one that could use it is Dish - however, there wouldn't be a $ limit on it unless you set one. I pay Dish with virtual numbers, but I don't have auto pay.

At this point I would just issue another virtual number and go online an pay your dish bill with it. Then decide how you want to handle it in the future.

You will be hard pressed to find a Dish CSR that understands the concept (good luck finding a credit card CSR that understands it).

Took Isilvest's advise --paid my payment. Said payment due $30..but bill was $50.99 . Looks like they had next months discounts apllied. Balance due now 00.00 Got e-mail confirming payment.----last night after I spoke w/ CSR and gave him new auto pay card number didn't get an e-mail confirmation. Sure wish C-band 4DTV wasn't being discontinued , had it since 1983. This bull is hard to swallow. I'm sure I'm not alone.... !!!! Have to watch your payments and not watch during storms w?Dish. oh well, it's better right ???????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)