Best transponders to peak to?

Perhaps I am sugesting the same thing as "iafirebuff" but what I would focus on is to try to increase the signal strength of the lowest TPs instead of getting an extremely high signal on a single TP. In doing this, you do need to know which TPs have the programming that you receive. For example, you are going to get low or no signal on spotbeam TPs not in your area. If you don't get HD or have a MPEG-4 receiver, some TPs will also have a zero signal. You may want to check this website to determine which TPs provide you with programming:

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/dishlist.htm

Home Transponders: 61.5° - T29, 105° - T07, 110° - T21, 118.7° - T07, 119° - T19, 121° - T21, 129° - T17, 148° - T19

These are called home transponders bc if dish is peaked to get strongest signal to these transponders you will then have the best avg. signal strenth through out all other transponders located on that sat.

Odd
15 Primary
21 Secondary

Even
16 Primary
14 Secondary

Home Xponder

Odd
15 Primary
21 Secondary

Even
16 Primary
14 Secondary

Home Xponder

RedWings said:
On sat 119..Transponder 12, my signal is 88
On sat 110..Transponder 11, my signal is 92 Are these signals good?

About what I get in Illinois, and only have rain fade with big storms.

My alternate method is to tune to the channel (on that satellite) that is going to make me the most unhappy if "rain fade" causes problems with that channel, and then I peak the dish to that transponder. :)

Another point is that for satellites other than 119/110, you may only be tuning to one transponder on that side satellite, so it makes more sense to peak that transponder rather than the official "home transponder".

For example, I get locals on 148, so I just peak my 148 dish to the transponder of those locals, rather than the home transponder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)