need help/question re: receiver

docgw

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2007
i currently have a 722 receiver with the hd out to a hd tv. the other out is to a small tv. i just bought another hdtv and was wondering if the following would work. a few years ago i bought a dish hdtv from someone and it came with a hd receiver (i think it is a 622??). can i run the current cable through the old receiver and into the tv and get an hd signal???

i currently have a 722 receiver with the hd out to a hd tv. the other out is to a small tv. i just bought another hdtv and was wondering if the following would work. a few years ago i bought a dish hdtv from someone and it came with a hd receiver (i think it is a 622??). can i run the current cable through the old receiver and into the tv and get an hd signal???
No. you would need to run a cable (or two) from the dish to the receiver and then get the receiver activated.

OR, you could run a HDMI cable to the 2nd HD tv & have the primary one hooked up with component & have HD on both (same channel, same time). You wouldn't have to pay for the 2nd receiver. If you need a long HDMI cable get one from
monoprice.com .

Ed

Best transponders to peak to?

This Is In The Wrong Forum(Split from the EHD Database Thread)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)