Best way to acquire shaw direct dish and box

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Paupaaa

Original poster
Aug 12, 2011
Here's the situation. My finance is a Canadian citizen but she is stuck down here in the states. After a visit to family this summer she has decided she wants Canadian TV. Since we have two brand new HD Led's the obvious choice is shaw direct. She has a plethora of Canadian addresses to use as a legimate address and even a po box of her own. She wants to set up an account to get the box and dish sent but she doesn't want a dish psychically installed at any of the possible addresses (as either family has a tv service or doesn't want a tv service).

So the question is what is the best way of going about setting up a "legitimate" account and having equipment sent to the states. Im assuming a broker isn't needed because we have a Canadian based credit card tied to an address but getting the equipment sent without a guy coming to install.

Thank you any feedback n

where in the US do you live? easiest way is to buy dish (either 60 or 75 depending on your location) off E-bay and buying the reciever(s) from retail outlet in Canada. do the install yourself, then when you call to activate tell them you already have the dish in place and dont need anyone to come out

I just didn't think kusat would deal with me since i didn't need them for their other service. Who sells the boxes in Canada? Specially around the Vancouver area for Shaw I've seen the best buy / futureshop posts but they are related to bell not shaw so i didn't know for sure.

Thanks for all tips.

most big box stores will only sell you the receiver as the installer (normally) would bring the dish....

kusat will deal with you. Just explain you have the address already

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)