Best way to clean bird poop off dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ttomni6

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2011
Maui
Anybody have any ideas on the best way to clean bird poop off a DISH satellite dish?

Before we get off on the tangent that satellites are birds and some of our non-favorite programming is crap and the only way to get it off is to have ala-carte programming, let me assure you this is a legitimate question. :)

We have all species of birds here and they like to roost on the larger of the two DISH dishes on our roof. The dish looks awful with streams of you know what coating the dish thanks to their presence. Simple jet stream hosing doesn't get it all off and I'm looking for a way to really clean it without causing damage to the dish or knocking the thing out of alignment.

Once it's clean, I'm looking into the possibility of attaching those plastic bird spikes to the top of the dish. Does anyone have any experience with those?

The 2 dishes are installed near the peak of our roof. Also in the area is a bank of photovoltaic panels and also hot water solar panels so there's not much room for any kind of other apparatus that might be suggested here.

Before we get off on the tangent that satellites are birds and some of our non-favorite programming is crap and the only way to get it off is to have ala-carte programming, let me assure you this is a legitimate question. :)
That was good. :)

We have a Parrot and sometimes when we leave the cage door open he walks around and makes a mess on our hard wood floors.

We use something we got from the Pet Store called Poop Away... it works... Before that anything we used you would still see a ring of poop on the outside of the stain.

Strong YES to the bird spikes, once cleaned. Or just glue a few small nails on.

Small nails are cheaper and work great.

We have a Parrot and sometimes when we leave the cage door open he walks around and makes a mess on our hard wood floors.

We use something we got from the Pet Store called Poop Away... it works... Before that anything we used you would still see a ring of poop on the outside of the stain.

Could you be more specific? Googling it ain't working for me- too many "we come by and clean up after your dog" sites.

Here is what you need:

http://www.wag.com/bird/p/poop-off-bird-poop-remover-106454?site=CA&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_W&utm_term=LGP-001&utm_campaign=GooglePLA&CAWELAID=1323907502&utm_content=pla&ca_sku=LGP-001&ca_gpa=pla&ca_kw={keyword}

I just spray bleach on the dish and wait a minute and spray with water from the hose and it goes away. Will be doing this myself this weekend when I bleach the vinyl siding on my house.

Cover the entire apparatus with a large trash bag (white in summer, black in winter), just shake to dislodge poop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)