Best Way to Get Best Deal

chuckf1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 12, 2006
Charlotte, N.C.
I’m thinking very seriously of dumping Spectrum Cable for Dish. And like everyone else want to save money. Would I get a better deal by signing up using their website or calling them up. Or are the package prices set in stone?

Thank you.

I’m thinking very seriously of dumping Spectrum Cable for Dish. And like everyone else want to save money. Would I get a better deal by signing up using their website or calling them up. Or are the package prices set in stone?

Thank you.

Maybe try calling first. I was a Dish customer for like 20 years, tried Cox for a couple and then came back. I signed up online and didn’t really get much of a deal. Free HBO for a few months and free multi-sports for 6 months.

I agree about calling in, you can negotiate with a person vs a website. Used to be whatever the promo was didn't matter if you signed up online or by phone. Last fall spectrum ran lines in front of my place, signed up with internet only. Had to get slightly bent out of shape with them because I refused their tv service to stay with dish.

Most calls are answered by very polite young Filipinos (Phillipines). I am hesitant to say they are able to give you the best two year subscription. If it were me, I would check the packages available on line, decide how much a month I were willing to pay. When you call ask to talk to US based supervisor. You may get lucky. Either try to get some discount per month depending your package or ask some free movie channels for few months. I am under the impression that they usually give you HBO, Cinemax for several months.

Reactions: chuckf1
Yeah, the last time I called retentions (see above), I got more like $30 off of what it would have been after my old 2 year contract ran out. So I went for the same 2 year deal. I got a nice lady who claimed she was in Chicago. Her first offer was about $10 off, so I asked her if she could get it below $100 and she put me on hold to discuss it with somebody (her supervisor?) and came back and did what I wanted.

Oh oh. I just double-checked on MyDish, and I'm only seeing $10 off for 10 months. Where's my 2 yr deal? :crying I guess I'll have to call again.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts