BET-J -> Centric

dmendenjr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
The keystone state
BET, MTVN Unveil Centric - 2009-09-28 00:00:00 EDT | Multichannel News
...BET is rebranding its nearly 32 million subscriber BET J network under the Centric moniker, which will target African-American viewers with music and lifestyle programming, according to Centric general manager Paxton Baker. ...

Guess we will see the adjustment in an uplink report later today... wonder if the changeover will finally bring some HD content to this "Platinum HD" channel. (My money would be on NO.)

I think you will see some HD on that channel next year as the new programs roll out just like WFN took awhile.

I wonder what's going to become of VH1 Soul (and BET Gospel) after this.

Interesting. I'd wager this was in the works well before the DISH add...makes much more sense now.

I don't know what it would have to do with VH1 Soul unless it changes names and joins the BET family. They probably should clean up that channel lineup some more. They changed VH1 Country to CMT Pure Country after they bought CMT. VH1 Megahits was repurposed to launch Logo.

There are at least 8 Viacom channels that are still just straight up music, and DISH only carries 1 (VH1 Classic).

All three services (BET, VH1, and MTV) have Soul, R&B and/or Hip Hop channels, yet no one has a channel for new Rock music. MTV-U shows indie rock and VH1 Classic has old rock covered well. But if I was a guy who who liked...uhhh...Nickleback I guess...I'd be pretty annoyed.

(Me, I'd just like to get MTV-U)

VH1 Megahits was repurposed to launch Logo.

They got rid of Megahits too? I knew they killed MTV-X, their metal channel, to make room for Logo, but that's the point at which I dropped digital cable. (Stupid redneck cable company didn't even pick up Logo, so we lost one channel with no reduction in price.)

Am I the only one who remembers MTV bragging about how the advent of digital broadcasting would enable them to have a channel for every genre of music?

MTV-U would be great... but breathing is nice too, so I won't hold my breathe :)

Personally, the description for the new channel (centric) sounds exactly like what BET-J has been showing since it's addition to Dish.

They got rid of Megahits too? I knew they killed MTV-X, their metal channel, to make room for Logo, but that's the point at which I dropped digital cable. (Stupid redneck cable company didn't even pick up Logo, so we lost one channel with no reduction in price.)

Nope...MTV-X became the completely unnecessary MTV Jams.

I think you will see some HD on that channel next year as the new programs roll out just like WFN took awhile.

I wonder what's going to become of VH1 Soul (and BET Gospel) after this.

Hopefully we'll see HD soon on that channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts